GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ant Anstead and Hiroyuki Sanada learn the ins and outs of Mazda's 2024 CX-90
VIKNESH VIJAYENTHIRAN JANUARY 20, 2023
Link

Vehicles in the Large Product Group are all based on Mazda's newly developed rear-wheel-drive platform with longitudinal engine mounting. They also feature Mazda's new inline-6 engines, with the CX-90 confirmed to be receiving a turbocharged 3.3-liter version of the inline-6, rated at 340 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque, or more than any previous production Mazda. The CX-90 will also offer a plug-in hybrid powertrain, though Mazda is yet to detail the setup.

Healthy power numbers for a Mazda. Very interested to see how this turns out + pricing. Had no idea there would be a PHEV version, which covers their bases for a while......

Reactions: gkr778 and BlackGTP

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Is the RWD 6 using this engine officially dead? It seems like the financial case would be so hard to justify just to appeal to a very small niche, but damned if it wasn't cool to see a car company still interested in making a proper sports sedan.

· Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the RWD 6 using this engine officially dead? It seems like the financial case would be so hard to justify just to appeal to a very small niche, but damned if it wasn't cool to see a car company still interested in making a proper sports sedan.
I believe it is dead. I read a quote a while back that SUV sales killed the 6. So highly doubtful, which is a bummer. I think the CX90 + CX70 are confirmed for the US for RWD/I6 but that is all so far.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
I wouldn’t say it’s dead. It depends on how much they want to eat. The diesel will probably not see the light of day but since they are moving up market the TLX and Q50 still exist so we could still see a 6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts