DETAILED SALES BREAKDOWN HERE: http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=28324
MAY BRINGS RECORD SALES FOR FORD FOCUS, FUSION
- Ford's redesigned Focus posted record May sales of 32,579, up 53 percent versus a year ago; retail sales to individual customers more than doubled (up 105 percent).
- Ford Fusion May sales (18,088) were the highest for any month, up 27 percent versus a year ago.
- Ford, Lincoln and Mercury car sales were 4 percent higher, with retail sales up 20 percent.
- Ford, Lincoln and Mercury sales totaled 206,000, down 16 percent, reflecting lower daily rental (down 30 percent), truck and van (down 29 percent) and SUV (down 44 percent) sales.
- Total Ford Motor Company sales (including Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo) totaled 217,998, also down 16 percent.
- Ford confirms second and third quarter North American production plans.