GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mastercraft Introduces the Avenger LSR Sport

FINDLAY, OHIO, JUNE, 2004 – MASTERCRAFT TIRES recently introduced an exciting, new development in the sporting landscape – the Mastercraft Avenger LSR Sport. This luxury sport radial is the newest offering to the performance driving enthusiast featuring the latest in ultra-high performance design and construction.

Capitalizing on the popular Avenger LSR, the LSR Sport is specifically designed for the serious drivers who demand agility and performance in an ultra-high performance tire.

With a riveting directional tread design, this tire is clearly a tire of another breed. The radial’s beautifully-designed shape ensures sporty performance while satisfying the need for luxury. However, this tire goes further than just appearance. The LSR Sport delivers high performance grip in addition to all-weather handling. Proudly featuring a trendy black serrated sidewall, the reversed lettering emphasizes Mastercraft’s attention to detail. The W-speed rated LSR Sport is available in popular 40, 45, 50 and 55 series to fit 16- and 17-inch wheel diameters and carries an M+S rating.

Mastercraft TiresArticle Here

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Mastercraft? Who sells thoes tires? Cooper makes them huh. Cooper has a brand new line up of tuner tires too. Its something like Xenon or something related to a Noble Gas.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to buy Cooper tires because there are a bunch of local businesses around me that sell them - Cooper, Mastercraft, Starfire.

Generally I've been pleased with the product and reasonable prices, and I get to help out local businesses.

I'm considering these for my Bonneville. Goodyear, Bridgestone, and Michelin are wayyy too pricey. No way I'm paying 200+ bucks per tire...and it just wouldn't seem right to run my American-muscle Bonneville on Kumhos, Nittos or Hankooks... :p

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Jun 19 2004, 02:03 PM
I tend to buy Cooper tires because there are a bunch of local businesses around me that sell them - Cooper, Mastercraft, Starfire.

Generally I've been pleased with the product and reasonable prices, and I get to help out local businesses.

I'm considering these for my Bonneville. Goodyear, Bridgestone, and Michelin are wayyy too pricey. No way I'm paying 200+ bucks per tire...and it just wouldn't seem right to run my American-muscle Bonneville on Kumhos, Nittos or Hankooks... :p
Take a look at the BF Goodrich Traction T/A's. The offer a 60k warranty on the tire, which is odd for a H or V rated tire. I sell thoes things like hot cakes!! They are a great tire, and are pretty new on the market.
Sears has'em! :D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Just got a set of Goodyear Eagle GT-HR (P225/50R16 I believe) for under $100 a tire to replace the original Eagle RS-As on my Cavalier Z24. These are basically the best tires I have ever had. Great wet and dry traction (probably due to the directional design), with great wear. I got about 45,000 miles out of the RS-As, and these will probably double that. At this price, you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by jfnz24@Jun 19 2004, 11:42 AM
Just got a set of Goodyear Eagle GT-HR (P225/50R16 I believe) for under $100 a tire to replace the original Eagle RS-As on my Cavalier Z24.
That would be a good choice, but darn, when you up-size to 17 or 18 inches, Goodyear gets pricey. I'm considering 18-inch American Racing wheels.

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/detai...lloy&section=P#

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm looking at the Mastercraft Sensys tires in stock size...... they seem like a good value replacement.... What do you think?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks! I actually just got the BFGoodrich Traction T/A H rated tires.... I find them to be very good..... I got a good deal too.... around $80/tire....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts