GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else, and I know there are many, tried to keep track of an ordered GM vehicle? I think it's an absolute disgrace and a disservice to loyal GM owners! I am convinced by my last order that I am done, unless something changes!! Why on earth in this day and age it is like pulling teeth to find out where in the hell your vehicle is in the GM stream, is absolutely beyond comprehension!!!! I'm convinced as many are that GM wants you to buy off the lot, well here is a news flash...what's on the lot isn't always what I want!! Just because you have promoted a person to sales manager, doesn't make him qualified to make my 70K$ decision!! Damn this really torques me off!!!

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I haven't ordered a GM vehicle before so I'm not sure but I've heard a lot of stories like yours. It does seem very difficult to find out where your vehicle is in the process. You'd think they would have some kind of integrated online system where you can go at any time to check on it, especially when you are dropping 70K.

However, try not to let that ruin the enjoyment of having your vehicle at some point. I'm sure you bought it because it makes you happy and you are looking forward to owning it. Maybe some others can chime in. GM really needs to fix this because I hear too often and it puts a bad taste in your before you even get the vehicle.

I hope you get it soon and enjoy it!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
With modern production technology I have zero doubt that vehicle assembly can be tracked, down to what stage a vehicle is in. Hell, GM should install cameras so you can watch your vehicle be assembled live online or at your dealer

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Have a little more patience and enjoy your new car. Also, what car??

·
Registered
363 Posts
As a salesman I DREADED special orders. And that was in the 80's when it was very common, after all there were very few packages, those mostly promotional. As the option lists grew option stops became more and more common and any predictions from GM became pretty much useless. I don't recall very many folks being happy with the time it took for their vehicle to be built. Then you have transportation...

·
Registered
18,513 Posts
If you have a good salesperson you can usually find out what level of production its at pretty easily. Transportation is where it usually falls apart as the train companies do not allow tracking of their shipments.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
If you have a good salesperson you can usually find out what level of production its at pretty easily. Transportation is where it usually falls apart as the train companies do not allow tracking of their shipments.
even if they just report it IS ON a train would be good for a lot of people IMHO and GM MUST know where that car is at all times including its loading manifest on to the train

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, of course they know where these vehicles are, do you think for one second they are going to let go of 50k$ to now almost 100k$ vehicles without knowing exactly where the are!! Almost every part that is put on has a bar-code, the things are hanging all over the place. Most salesmen or women can hardly remember your name after a sale, so to bother them looking up where the vehicle is, is a waste of their time. There needs to be a system to log on to like everything else in this day and age and put in your order number, password and presto you have some idea where the vehicle is or isn't!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, Linton 23 is a god-send!! But, is it his duty to respond to all the inquiries that come in every day? He certainly has more to do as an active salesman....most of us just wish he was ours!!!

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Yes, Linton 23 is a god-send!! But, is it his duty to respond to all the inquiries that come in every day? He certainly has more to do as an active salesman....most of us just wish he was ours!!!
Sunday is the only day I cant check as the system is locked. I will check in the morning. Once the order hits the code 4000 i have seen so many get stuck till they arrive on the lot.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
So your order is at 4b00 since 9/10 in your case what I would do if it was my order I would call or chat with the DBC and see whats going on. At least then you dealer can find out if its stuck bayed up waiting for something or if its been lost on a bayed yard. I would call for you but as its not one of my orders they frown on me doing it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your help Linton, GM should be proud to have you as one of their representatives doing his best to help one of their clients. I will see if the dealer has any interest in trying to find this vehicle through DBC. You would think that a vehicle that was made on 9/9/14 might show up by 10/9/14!!!! Thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts