GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Cnet probably should have known better and turned off the comments when posting it because the conversation around Barra and GM online is so full of toxicity. Whether it’s the Musk cultists or the mi*gynists, GM is a continued target of some of the most vile s**.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,441 Posts
The venom is palatable. You bet it’s paid posters from Asian manufacturers
Mostly Tesla fanbois.
They do this when a real threat is perceived.
And they've also seen the Cyberturd,
I know people that own DeLoreans. They have no idea what a pain in the ass they're in for.
Keeping a black truck looking good is easy by comparison.

·
Super Moderator
21,063 Posts
Cnet probably should have known better and turned off the comments when posting it because the conversation around Barra and GM online is so full of toxicity. Whether it’s the Musk cultists or the mi*gynists, GM is a continued target of some of the most vile s**.
It's not just cnet, it's everywhere. Every time someone doesn't agree with a decision GM makes I see "tHiS wOuldN't hApPeN iF a WoMaN wAsN't iN cHaRgE" or some BS like that.

I see it here too. I'll say this right now, I'm tired of that crap and anyone who posts it here is getting banned.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Oh I know, but CNET shouldn’t enable it by keeping the comments open.
I definitely see it here but it’s far worse on another supposed GM fan site that not only openly allows it but promotes it. They’re banning people from posting if they call it out.

·
Super Moderator
21,063 Posts
Oh I know, but CNET shouldn’t enable it by keeping the comments open.
I definitely see it here but it’s far worse on another supposed GM fan site that not only openly allows it but promotes it. They’re banning people from posting if they call it out.
If it's the supposed GM fan site I'm thinking about, the comments section is crazy there. A bunch of people are just there to troll and the mods (if they have any) do absolutely nothing about it.

·
Registered
44,547 Posts
It's not just cnet, it's everywhere. Every time someone doesn't agree with a decision GM makes I see "tHiS wOuldN't hApPeN iF a WoMaN wAsN't iN cHaRgE" or some BS like that.

I see it here too. I'll say this right now, I'm tired of that crap and anyone who posts it here is getting banned.
Oh FFS. All of that is on GMI too. And it's quite noticeable and palpable.

Fact of the matter is, Barra, whether people like it or not, is leading a fundamental transformation at GM. And it's a needed one. GM needs to be reinvented for the 21st century.
She's made the tough decision that no other CEO has been able to do — kill the brands that aren't growing and grow/strengthen the ones that remain, pull out of unprofitable regions and maintain the ones that have growth potential.

It's not perfect. She's missing some big product holes. And, they're still missing out on the luxury/high-margin market (that isn't trucks). But they're 100% EV strategy is one I firmly believe in.

And it's about time an American firm retake the lead in the transformation of mobility... that isn't named Tesla. Toyota's uncharacteristic slow reaction leaves an opening for GM (and Ford, Hyundai-Kia, VW, and others).

·
Premium Member
35,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mostly Tesla fanbois.
They do this when a real threat is perceived.
And they've also seen the Cyberturd,
I know people that own DeLoreans. They have no idea what a pain in the ass they're in for.
Keeping a black truck looking good is easy by comparison.
I feel for Rivian and Tesla. The Screens alone in the Silverado is an absolute gamechanger. Two tier self-driving tech, Btw Ultra and Super, Ultra covers all US paved roads 100%. That is totally handsfree. Already Cruise is doing completely driverless service in the poop Capital of America, San Francisco. Poor Saint Francis!!

Yeah, faster charging times than Tesla, top in the industry, range, utility, much more complete interior design,

For start ups, Detroit is about to show Rivian, etc, how to make stuff, and lots of stuff, since, what Detroit is competent at is manufacturing efficiencies... They know how to make sheit...

And for what its worth, GM is out innovating Tesla at this point. This Ultium and Ultifi stuff can spin off a Hummer EV and an Equinox, etc,

someone is in real trouble, and its not GM

·
Registered
19,657 Posts
What I'd love to see is GM with fans that are that, well, fanatic. There are some, but we don't seem them on GMI as they get banned, such as Greg Botts. Seems like Tesla is doing something that GM (and most other auto makes) aren't to get that strong of a fanbase. That is, if most of those negative commenters truly are Tesla fans.

Either way, I think Mary B. is doing a great job - profits are strong, the company appears to have strong leadership and a strong direction. Perfect? Certainly not - but we do have a world class Corvette for the first time in my life!

·
Registered
21,683 Posts
If you want to have some fun, click on the watch this on Youtube icon and read through the comments over there. My, my, my. And get ready for a :poop: show.
None of them are mine, honest.........

But what's up with the dancing diamond hands? 🤗

Subluminal message? 🤔

✋💎🤚

·
Registered
976 Posts
What I'd love to see is GM with fans that are that, well, fanatic. There are some, but we don't seem them on GMI as they get banned, such as Greg Botts. Seems like Tesla is doing something that GM (and most other auto makes) aren't to get that strong of a fanbase. That is, if most of those negative commenters truly are Tesla fans.
I disagree. While I have no problem with being a fan of a company (I am on a GM fan site after all) the level of fanaticism around Tesla and Elon is on a whole other level and is unhealthy for everyone involved.

What ends up happening is: Legitimate criticism of manufacturing and business practices are either ignored entirely or perceived as dangerous attacks on Tesla and Musk’s integrity and deserve extreme and unrelenting retaliation usually manifesting as harassment campaigns in order quiet those critics.

If a company can’t be criticized, it can’t learn from it’s mistakes.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,441 Posts
Yeah, faster charging times than Tesla, top in the industry, range, utility, much more complete interior design,
Tesla is not the benchmark anymore, Lucid is.
Fastest charging, most range, highest efficiency, smallest, lightest and most powerful drive units.
But they are rather pricey, for now,

But yeah, Cyberturd most definitely has it's hands full, so attacks.
Elon lied again and tried to downplay the Lucid CEO's contributions at Tesla, too.
These tactics are how you know you have something. Badges of honor,

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,767 Posts

Either way, I think Mary B. is doing a great job - profits are strong, the company appears to have strong leadership and a strong direction. Perfect? Certainly not - but we do have a world class Corvette for the first time in my life!
Thing is though in being a fanatic is not to sound so juvenile and over the top syrupy sweet that it's nauseating IIRC(Botts and Co.). I agree that Barra and company are righting a long gone ship if you will. But how it goes from here on out and how the public takes and accepts it is the million $ question. :) :)

·
Registered
19,657 Posts
I disagree. While I have no problem with being a fan of a company (I am on a GM fan site after all) the level of fanaticism around Tesla and Elon is on a whole other level and is unhealthy for everyone involved.

What ends up happening is: Legitimate criticism of manufacturing and business practices are either ignored entirely or perceived as dangerous attacks on Tesla and Musk’s integrity and deserve extreme and unrelenting retaliation usually manifesting as harassment campaigns in order quiet those critics.

True, I wasn't thinking of it from that perspective - and you are right - the bad side of fanaticism. I was focusing on the part where the company has done something so right that people support Tesla in such a way.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,767 Posts

True, I wasn't thinking of it from that perspective - and you are right - the bad side of fanaticism. I was focusing on the part where the company has done something so right that people support Tesla in such a way.
And then we end up with the other side, as in the bad side of all of this overzealous fanatic fan-ism that goes on with Tesla. That would be the jackasses (excuse me for my rough language but it's how I feel) out there in society that love to hate and think they have a right to take it out on the Tesla owners and their cars as in violence and vandalism. That kind of BS should not be tolerated in society IMO.

·
Premium Member
35,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And then we end up with the other side, as in the bad side of all of this overzealous fanatic fan-ism that goes on with Tesla. That would be the jackasses (excuse me for my rough language but it's how I feel) out there in society that love to hate and think they have a right to take it out on the Tesla owners and their cars as in violence and vandalism. That kind of BS should not be tolerated in society IMO.
The only violence I recall was rolling coal on Prius. Toyota lost its green image with the Prius, and no longer considered a green leader.
Fuel sipping is so yesterday.

·
Premium Member
35,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tesla lacks complexity and depth of developing multi-tiered solutions on one platform. This is why it takes them so long to roll out product. Since showing Cyber truck, GM has rolled out HUMMER EV, Cadillac CT5, Cadillac Lyriq, Silverado, C8, 2022 Gasoline silverado, Tahoe Family of SUV's, Brightdrop Vans, and the list is fast accelerating... all sharing on the Ultifi or Ultium platforms. HUMMER EV, Lyriq bright drop and all gasoline vehicles are on sale. That is what speed of innovation and time to market is.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts