GM Inside News Forum banner

Mark R. LaNeve

988 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Sal Collaziano 
Some dealerships service centers (I say this because they are usually unrelated to the sales people) just stink. They get fat & lazy, and do the absolute minumum when you bring your car in for service, knowing that many people don't even consider outside shops for service while under warranty -- so they've got the market cornered. It can be worse if that dealer is the only GM dealer for many miles, and has people locked in because of their geographic advantage.

I've stopped going to the dealer for service. I had an Express van with a bad fuel pump or *something* -- they never figured it out and tried fixing it 3 times. I figure if the Chevy dealership can't discover a problem with their own vehicle, why should I waste time paying more for their service?

Besides, with so many to choose from, finding a good 3rd party mechanics shop is not difficult, and the parts and labor tend to be cheaper, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.