GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Premium Member
37,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Why then would people even buy a PHEV if they don't plan to plug it in? Perhaps they thought it would work out differently at the time of purchase, or they just stopped dealing with the plug. However, now with the full $7,500 US federal EV tax credit available for PHEVs even with the slightest electric range, more people will likely buy them. Hopefully, with more education, more people will actually charge them.

Source: Green Car Reports

• Haha
Reactions: Juche

· Registered
2,541 Posts
This is simply more evidence of how lazy people are.

They'd rather continue to fuel up at gas stations (because they've always done it) than install a silly plug into the side of the car when they get home.

Amazing.

· Registered
7,367 Posts
Subtitle of the article:

If you don't plug in your PHEV, you're not only losing money, but also emitting harmful exhaust fumes into the environment."

When in fact you lost money as soon as you bought the PHEV as opposed to a conventional ICE. It should say "you're not only losing MORE money". And then there are all those SCARY exhaust fumes!

· Premium Member
37,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Subtitle of the article:

If you don't plug in your PHEV, you're not only losing money, but also emitting harmful exhaust fumes into the environment."

When in fact you lost money as soon as you bought the PHEV as opposed to a conventional ICE. It should say "you're not only losing MORE money". And then there are all those SCARY exhaust fumes!
Bwaaa haaaa haaaa haaaaa! "Harmful exhaust fumes" are called Western Civilization. Enjoy!

· Registered
7,367 Posts
Maybe they’re too stupid to understand the simple realities to successfully owning an EV
That's probably it. I mean, you have to question one's cognitive ability if they're going to pay more for a vehicle with obvious shortfalls compared to their ICE counterpart. And then not go through the correct step be a successful owner? What are they thinking?

· Super Moderator
22,746 Posts
Of course, there is always the survey itself - were the questions clearly written and clear choices for a response provided? I've seen many surveys where the choices for answers don't fit how I want to respond or I'm not clear on the question I'm responding to.

· Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 2014 Cadillac Saks 5th Ave ELR, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
12,222 Posts
Maybe the don't feel like paying the $1500+ dollars to install a charger at their house?
PHEVs don't need big chargers. The batteries aren't that large.
The cord that comes with the car and a wall plug gets it done overnight.
I plug mine in every day.

Or they live in a location where they don't have access to a charger?
It's a pretty dumb person that buys a plug in car with no place to plug it in.

· Registered
3,242 Posts
PHEVs don't need big chargers. The batteries aren't that large.
The cord that comes with the car and a wall plug gets it done overnight.
I plug mine in every day.

It's a pretty dumb person that buys a plug in car with no place to plug it in.
Could be, "I wanted the hybrid but I could not find one readily available with color and features that the plugin had, and I needed to get something fast, like in this tax year. Maybe I will charge at work, if it is cost effective, or maybe I don't trust other chargers. I'll get around to the home charger when I complete the wife's home project. Anyway it's nice to know that it's there."

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Subtitle of the article:

Nowadays, cars emit almost exclusively water vapor and CO2 and very, very little hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and oxides of nitrogen. To say they're "fumes" is stretching it.

· Registered
9,620 Posts
This is simply more evidence of how lazy people are.

They'd rather continue to fuel up at gas stations (because they've always done it) than install a silly plug into the side of the car when they get home.

Amazing.
I’m sure that’s a big part of it but in other countries around the world street parking is much more common so any type of charging might be a pain.

However if there are financial incentives just to owning one people will do that even if they are not using the technology to its full capabilities.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts