GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was near a Chevrolet showroom today, so I decided to take a speedy look to one of my future cars. And there was a gray Vectra Elengance with Xenon lights and next to it a Malibu LT.

I didn't know the prices and dimensions of both cars so I asked.... a big difference....

Malibu / Vectra
Back seats legroom 978mm 926mm
Back seats-top room 955mm 968mm
Front seats legroom 1064mm 1061mm
Front seats-top room 1013mm 982mm
Length 4783mm 4596mm
Wide 1775mm 1798mm

And most important.... price: $ 229,990 $ 287,990
So I guess that the Vectra is a Maxima, Avalon etc, competitor.

:ph34r:

·
Registered
954 Posts
This is what people fail to realize when they compare the two. The Malibu is ment to be a high selling family car, not so with the classy Vectra. This is why the Malibu is not as stylish and doesnt have the new line of DOHC engines.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly, so please people, stop bitching the Malibu :)

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hm- in comparing the two interior pictures, I actualy prefer the look of the Malibu. Ok- so I'm changing my order. I want a Vectra with the interior of the Malibu (constructed with Vectra type quality materials). :)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I like the colors in the Vectra interior.

How much money does GM save by using millions of yards and pounds of gray fabric and plastic? :p

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Nov 26 2003, 09:19 PM
I like the colors in the Vectra interior.

How much money does GM save by using millions of yards and pounds of gray fabric and plastic? :p
A dark --especially black-- interior can be very beautiful. The thing is how many moms(primary Malibu drivers) have the time to keep it clean and shiny? A dirty black interior is a gross thing <_<

Anyways I though the Malibu is going to get a black interior soon?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I like the Malibu interior, but the Vectra interior is well ahead of that. Besides, I see one thing in the Vectra that I've always wanted to see in the Malibu...a do it yourself shifter! That's right folks, if you look closely, you'll see that that is not a automatic.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes but is just the pic.... only the Vectra GTC has a mannual but it not avaible in Latin America :angry:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I must add that I hate the way the Malibu headrests are slanted forward. The only decent headrests in a GM car I've driven that aren't too short for me so I have to lift them up and bend them toward my head to support it are the integrated (no headrest) seats like in the Chevy Express or S-10.

Note the Vectra Headrests look inviting and sophisticated, while the Malibu headrests say "I'm going to stick you right in the middle of the back of your head, or make it impossible for you to relax".

Only the Hunchback of Notre Dame, or a 4-foot tall person could appreciate that headrest design... <_<

1 - 12 of 12 Posts