GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the main differences other than interior and exterior styling? Is the Aura going to get the improvements made for the 2008 Malibu (such as extra noise isolation)?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I dunno, but I've done a couple Pre-Delivery Inspections with ne new Mailbu, and let me tell you, it's a fun little car to drive. I havn't driven the Aura, but if it's anything like the Mailbu, it's pretty sweet.

Then again, driving just about anything but my Caddy will seem fast, sporty, and tight.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The Aura has 0% for 60months according to http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/R...&tid=edmunds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.1.1.*

Aura is a better deal but the Malibu looks better on the outside.
On 07 models. Last check on dealerworld showed 0 within 150 miles of my store in Metro Detroit.

Looks are subjective.

From what I understand they are mechanically identical and that includes sound insulation. however, they softened or de-tuned the suspension on the Malibu and dialed in more weight to the steering. The Aura definitely has a sportier ride whereas the Malibu is more of a sedate family car yet still pulls no punches.

Other than that there is no difference.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Much better designed interior and exterior. :D Both are great cars but if you can find a solid deal on the Aura than go with the Aura. Otherwise my vote for is the the new Malibu. ;)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I say Aura, especially since to get foglites you have to have a LTZ, but with the LTZ you cant get the full ebony interior! Now if the Bu LTZ had a full ebony interior I would lean a little closer to the Bu, but I still like the Aura best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts