GM Inside News Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
VERY NICE work on the Malibu SS concepts...they look sweet. I own a black Maxx and I am waiting to see what kind of customizing parts are created.

I especially like the "not overstated" ground effects...they remind me of the 1990 Beretta Z cars.

A couple of thoughts...

Did you give any thought to color coded headlight housings like the SEMA Extreme cars? I think the black cars might look pretty cool that way.

Razzi now offers a ground effects kit for the sedan and the Maxx is coming soon.
http://www.razzi.com/vehicles/chevrolet/gf..._4dr_2199_1.jpg

I actually think I like what you did better.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Yeah, that kit really doesn't do much for me...looks added on and doesn't blend well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking.

BTW...I copied your picture and "crudely" made black housings...what do you think? (I was fooling around with the emblem and forgot to restore it...sorry)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Doesn't look bad, but to be honest, I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
The headlamp housing idea is nice. Good suggestion. So here it is with the headlight area color matched. And I threw in a Z26 package with side markings and a special paint color.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Like the look...would rather it keep the SS name. However, if they make the Impala the Z34, bring back the Z28 and Z24, I am all for the Z26.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The beauty is that you could have SS and Z26 options. :) Give the Z26 the 3.9L that's going in the G6 GTP. The SS would get a supercharged 3.5 or 3.9.

Here's an updated Z26. More lower trim, Vette inspired headlamps, Z-wheels, colored mirror housing, quad side exhaust (2 each side). Next I'm thinking about a coupe version. :D

61 - 69 of 69 Posts