GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yeah, looks great. Those are colored Solstice wheels arent they? I like the red badge, I think it goes better with the rest of the car, especially the tail lights.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Originally posted by CyberianHusky@Jun 20 2004, 02:51 AM
Nope, not Solstice. I got them off of this car. I can't remember where I found it though.
I'm pretty sure that's the solstice coupe concept....

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by bakerna+Jun 20 2004, 04:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bakerna @ Jun 20 2004, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CyberianHusky@Jun 20 2004, 02:51 AM
Nope, not Solstice.  I  got them off of this car.  I can't remember where I found it though.
I'm pretty sure that's the solstice coupe concept.... [/b][/quote]
That is a computer animated image done by Motor Trend (I think)... It was what they thought the C6 would look like, but they were waaaay off.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Originally posted by bakerna+Jun 20 2004, 03:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bakerna @ Jun 20 2004, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CyberianHusky@Jun 20 2004, 02:51 AM
Nope, not Solstice.  I  got them off of this car.  I can't remember where I found it though.
I'm pretty sure that's the solstice coupe concept.... [/b][/quote]
That is absolutely not the Solstice coupe. I believe it was a concept for a next generation Camaro or Vette.

THIS is the Solstice coupe.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by ozone_GTX@Jun 8 2004, 10:34 PM
I think the full gold bowtie is for the regular vehicles (I think it was for the trucks only before) and the red outline for its racing and performance-oriented vehicles.
Yeah it was only trucks before but now it's the entire Chevy line. Even performance vehicles. Not with the Corvette of course though because it has its own logo.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Don't like the red, but the silver doesn't look half bad.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Another topic got me thinking about a Maxx version, so here it is. It has an extended roof line to offer a little more room. With a 3.9L engine it's ready to take on the Dodge Magnum SXT. A side view is to follow soon.

note: I did some saturation correction and sharpening in response to RCTennis3811's comment.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by CyberianHusky@Jun 21 2004, 06:30 PM
Another topic got me thinking about a Maxx version, so here it is. It has an extended roof line to offer a little more room. With a 3.9L engine it's ready to take on the Dodge Magnum SXT. A side view is to follow soon.
Wow that looks great, even though it's kind of blurry... That makes me continue to wonder why Chevrolet didn't just make a Malibu wagon instead of a hatchback... <_<

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd be proud to see that role down the line. It looks alot better than what is rolling off now. They are supposed to be making an electric blue this year. Sort of a purple/blue color. Changes with the light a little bit. It looks very nice on the car I have seen. See if you can try and make that color on your concept.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Is that supposed to be a global color or an SS color?

I do suddenly recall there was a Malibu Maxx SS concept at the New York Auto Show in 2003. And it was blue. It also had a gold bowtie.
http://www.conceptcarz.com/folder/photo.as...vehicleTypeID=0

I'll try that new color on my Malibu SS. See below.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yeah your right CH I was at that show and I have pictures on my digital. I go to the NY show every year. I remember how sweet it looked!! :woot2:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by CyberianHusky@Jun 22 2004, 12:07 PM
Malibu Maxx SS side view:
Wow, that is really nice! It sort of reminds me of the L-Series wagon, which isn't a bad thing.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts