GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's awesome looking rendering of your concept Malibu SS

But how about this chevy red outlined sytle bowtie in front. Like these key chains I found at the chevy mall web site.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I would get a SS Maxx with 3.9 and 6spd manual with thoes rims, and dual chrome exhaust! I like the chrome bar across the front though. Everything else looks good, but thoes fogs look a little too after-thought.

·
Registered
237 Posts
CyberianHusky, maybe you can tell jfnz24 also make a gold outlined chevy bowtie. I think the Red and Gold bowties are going to look best.

Oh and one more thing, what about an interior shot?

How about a Equinox type of interior with Corvette (C6) gauges and aluminium and/or carbon fibre trim where the vents/radio/Vac controls are.

:krider:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never thought about doing an interior shot. SOunds like a good challenge.

And here's that outline badge in blue. I think it looks better than the red.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I think the full gold bowtie is for the regular vehicles (I think it was for the trucks only before) and the red outline for its racing and performance-oriented vehicles.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Sorry, been away on business the last two days. I can hold off on submitting the proposal if you're going to do an interior shot. Up to you, though. Let me know.

As for colors, I personally like the red.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go ahead and submit. I might try an interior, but it's a pretty difficult thing to do. I've never done one other than doing some trim colorizing.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Pictures and materials were sent to GM this morning. (Fingers crossed). I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Still sweet looking. Hope to hear something about such a model in the future.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It's surprising sometimes what a few minor tweaks can do for a car. The regular Malibu is kinda blah, kinda average-looking, seemed to say "May I help you?". Blackout the chrome and put some big wheels (I'd go with 17"-ers personally instead of those monsters...those are supposed to be what, 19? 20?), lower it a tad, and now the car says "...what the hell do YOU want?!"

Very nice.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those rims are 18" or 19". In production they would most likely be 16 or 17. Given the way GM likes to leave a little room over the wheels I would suspect any lowering would be done strictly with ground effects. But maybe with a stiff suspension they could get bold and lower it a touch.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts