GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going by the lines of the G6 coupe, I came up with this. Yes, I know it kind of looks like the current Grand Am coupe, but that's supposed to be the Malibu's C-pillar adapted to the G6 coupe's roofline. Also, I added an airdam and SS logo.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like it. It looks sportier than the sedan but it needs more uniqueness to it meaning that it looks no different than a regular malibu coupe.
Know what I'm saying?
ex: the monte ls and the monte ss

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Malibu305@Aug 13 2004, 05:36 AM
Kool car. I wish Chevy would build a Malibu like that and forget the Malibu Max thing. Owell I guess I like any Malibu.
hmmm.... :zap:

aaaaaaanyway, it looks good, but the there is just too much overhang in the rear. Tuck that rear in a bit more, and it would look pretty good.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too much rear overhang? I traced over an actual Malibu. I might post a modified version later.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few changes: chopped top, taller wheel openings for lowering, revised fascias (the horizontal bar is molded into the front fascia to give the front a cleaner look...even though you can't see it in this view.), slightly larger spoiler, and (my favorite) the wheelbase has been extended ahead of the firewall for better weight transfer in a RWD version with longitudinal engine placement.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by silverado_13@Aug 13 2004, 08:26 PM
The new one is excellent. I don't see any reason why the malibu can't be sporty.
This is what the malibu should have been.
tell ya the truth, my maxx packs a lot more punch that I orginaly thought. Great passing-power. I would like a 3.9 and 6spd option!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks very nice, but it does have a GTOish shape about it

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Originally posted by LakeMichigan@Aug 13 2004, 09:29 PM
could be a "Chevelle"! ;)
I like the look in the first drawing as a (BU COUPE) but ((PLEASE NO FWD CHEVELLES))---((PLEASE!!!))-------- :unsure: ---------THAT WOULD NOT BE RIGHT!!---------- ;)---------SOME THINGS ARE STILL JUST MENT TO BE RWD!! ;) ----------(I MEAN REALLY!!) :zap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts