GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
work in progress, looking into a more graceful wrap to the rear end. the taighlights were bugging me.

i attempted to visually 'thin' the vertical height of the rear by raising the bumper top, moving the license plate down, extending the taighlight panel down.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks guys!

hey redfox, i love those rides in your sig.
i grew up on those guys. esp hot rod mag, they LOVED grumpy J, and for good reason!

ok , played with the taighlights some more+ added some bumper guard inspired popouts surrinding the license plate.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
looks the the taillights off an old gto but hey since theyre not making it anymore why not steal em for the camaro..i like it...i wouldnt be surprised to see this done in the aftermarket somehow

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
american muscle, did you do the rendering in your sig? that looks cool- i esp like the front end.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, it is primitive in a nice 'sketchbook' way.
i am much more interested in the feel, and seeing the design concept rather than worrying too much about the photoshop/drawing skill.

-except when the perspective is too outta whack, the drawing has to be good enough to really get what the designer is conveying

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
thanks guys!

hey redfox, i love those rides in your sig.
i grew up on those guys. esp hot rod mag, they LOVED grumpy J, and for good reason!

ok , played with the taighlights some more+ added some bumper guard inspired popouts surrinding the license plate.
that rear end is great and should go on the next goat

·
Registered
343 Posts
First attempt: No thank you, plus it would not pass federal regulations.
Second attempt: This is a Camaro. Not a Firebird.

I will say you had a few good ideas, though. But, like they say, "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!"

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i appreciate the comments.

that is what i was expressing. it is broke(n).

the designers identified the weak link in the look of the new camaro. the rear end is a tad narrow, and a tad short. in addition, the three distinct horizontal elements of similar height create a tall look at the rear panel. to compensate, they moved the taighlights out to the far edge of the upper back shelf. in reality, this draws attention to the above mentioned flaws rather than disguising them.

i will admit that my idea does not draw its look from camaros of the past, but personally i am a bit bored by the retro trend. how did any of the great designs get created if all a designer does is imitate the past?

in my version, the rear appears wider due to moving the lights slightly inward. the thin horizontal look of the lights visually create width across the back.

by moving the bumper outward and upward, and thinning out the middle horizontal piece, the height of the rear is visually broken up, making the rear seem less tall.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
that looks more traditional camaro deffinetly
all three are nice lights but to me, idk the rear of the camaro (as is) is probbaly my favorite part of the whole car, i love those lights

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
that rear end is great and should go on the next goat

yea, i agree with the goat idea. That is a very excellent tail end, looks very sleek imo. Great job:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts