GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some pictures from the local Mühldorf junkyard. These are the last photos I can ever post of this place. The guy who ran the place caught me and got really pissed and even threatened to call the cops. *******.

Audi 100 C4

Fiat Marea Weekend

Opel Ascona & BMW 7er

BMW 5er E28

Ford Sierra wagon...

Rover 200

Opel Kadett

Opel Astra Caravan

Mitsubishi Galant

Audi 90

Lancia Thema Estate

Lancia Thema Sedan

BMW 3er

Ford Sierra

Opel Omega

Two BMW 5er Touring

Mercedes 300TD S124

Nissan Pathfinder

****pit of an old BMW 3er

Opel Omega

Subaru Legacy

Burned out BMW 5-Series

BWM 3er Compact

Lexus GS

Mercedes W124

Volkswagen Polo

Ford Fiesta, Ford Sierra and Opel Kadett

No idea which interior this is...

Ford Ka

Renault Twingo interior

Mazda 323

Hope you liked the junk! :D

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Yeah, some great photos there wimmer!

Though I probably wouldn't be able to resist making an offer to take the lot home - especially that poor Senator in some of the pictures, bit of a shame really as there aren't that many around.

And it is just me that fancies the amber Mercedes TN? Something overly appealing about those....

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
We have one wrecking yard in a western suburb of Chicago on rte 83 (used to be called Steinhaus?) that must have some history inside. The lot must have been started many decades ago (1940's?) and is huge. I would pay for admittance if they had a walking tour. In the 70's, I went there for an intake manifold for my Chevy small block (69 Nova) and paid $20 for it. He wanted to sell me the entire motor. I will bet they cleaned up financially with all those Hemi's and 440's and 428's that were in there not to mention 32 fords,....

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Opel Ascona

Known as the Chevy Cavalier in North America. :)

No idea which interior this is...
Ford Sierra

Poor cars. :( I love junkyards because I like finding rare cars or options and seeing how well cars hold up after years of use and abuse, but I hate them at the same time because to me it's like they're mutilated bodies strewn about, waiting to be buried or cremated.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Junkyards are so sad to me... Either restore or disassemble and regenerate/recycle. Seeing them rot like that makes your heart melt...

I'd certainly like a Senator, but the way the Themas were left (especially the rare Thema S.W.) is a crime... Also, did you notice a Clarus Wagon (1998+ - it's not even a decade old) in seemingly pristine condition?

PS. That's your dog, isn't it?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
What on earth would the owner be so concerned about over you taking photos?

Regardless, thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Junkyards are so sad to me... Either restore or disassemble and regenerate/recycle. Seeing them rot like that makes your heart melt...

I'd certainly like a Senator, but the way the Themas were left (especially the rare Thema S.W.) is a crime... Also, did you notice a Clarus Wagon (1998+ - it's not even a decade old) in seemingly pristine condition?

It is kind of sad, but it is real fun, TREASURE!

Good to see there are still yards like that in Europe... they are getting harder and harder to find every year...

The places that disassemble the car when it shows up and stock the pieces, their prices are far out of league... I've had some quote me 75% of the price at the dealer for a new one :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, some great photos there wimmer!

Though I probably wouldn't be able to resist making an offer to take the lot home - especially that poor Senator in some of the pictures, bit of a shame really as there aren't that many around.

And it is just me that fancies the amber Mercedes TN? Something overly appealing about those....
Thanks Tom. :)

What's "TN"?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have one wrecking yard in a western suburb of Chicago on rte 83 (used to be called Steinhaus?) that must have some history inside. The lot must have been started many decades ago (1940's?) and is huge. I would pay for admittance if they had a walking tour. In the 70's, I went there for an intake manifold for my Chevy small block (69 Nova) and paid $20 for it. He wanted to sell me the entire motor. I will bet they cleaned up financially with all those Hemi's and 440's and 428's that were in there not to mention 32 fords,....

Sounds like a great place to be! I love junkyards with variety (cars from different eras). :cool:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Known as the Chevy Cavalier in North America. :)

Ford Sierra

Poor cars. :( I love junkyards because I like finding rare cars or options and seeing how well cars hold up after years of use and abuse, but I hate them at the same time because to me it's like they're mutilated bodies strewn about, waiting to be buried or cremated.
Thanks. ;) :)

I love junkyards too. There's something romantic and yet sad about them. Now I need to find another one since I am not welcome at this one! :lmao:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Neat pics! The owner probably thought you were paparrazzi or something?
Thanks. :)

I think he didn't like me taking pictures because he's clearly not in line with EU regulations about environmental controls etc. This guy was pretty shady looking and there are always "customers" from Eastern Europe (mainly Romania) parked near his place doing "business".

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I agree. The Lancia Thema is a gem when you look at Italian cars from that period. It really deserves better. Plus, it looks salvageable.

Yep, Frankie. :)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What on earth would the owner be so concerned about over you taking photos?

Regardless, thanks for sharing the pictures.

The way this place is run is not in line with EU regulations. I think he was afraid that if these pics got out somehow and sometime he could be traced through them... ;)

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

The way this place is run is not in line with EU regulations. I think he was afraid that if these pics got out somehow and sometime he could be traced through them... ;)
Ah, then now is the time to make up a fake "Environmental Enforcement Officer" badge and ask him of he would either prefer being shut down or paying a 500 Euro fine per car to you.;)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TN - the Mercedes T1/T2 vans like the orange one in your photos...

Ah, those. I always knew them under the name Bremer Transporter (they were made in Bremen). ;)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah, then now is the time to make up a fake "Environmental Enforcement Officer" badge and ask him of he would either prefer being shut down or paying a 500 Euro fine per car to you.;)
:D

Sounds good. My neighbour is an actor so maybe I can enroll him in the scheme! :lmao:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Why is there a 2nd gen Dodge Caravan in a German Junk Yard?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts