Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2008/09/inside_colbert_nation….html

September 18th, 2008

Bob Lutz
Inside Colbert Nation…
By Bob Lutz
GM Vice Chairman

What a week it’s been so far …

First, we had Tuesday’s GMNext centennial celebration and global broadcast, culminating in the reveal of the production Chevrolet Volt, which was a terrific experience. Then Wednesday came an experience I must confess was like no other I’ve had in my career — I was interviewed on The Colbert Report.

I will start off by stating for the record that Stephen Colbert is a comic genius, absolutely manic but absolutely hilarious. He used to do GM Goodwrench TV commercials for us a few years back, FYI. I’d like to thank him and everyone at the show for the opportunity to be a guest. The whole thing was a great time, from the moment we arrived at the studio.

It was an unusual interview, to be sure! As the interviewee, you must understand that he is trying to extract meaningful information, while remaining “in character” as a pompous, self-admiring but largely clueless talk-show host. Satire is one of my favorite things, and that show has it down as well as any.

I was warned not to try to counter his humor with offerings of my own: “He’ll inevitably win. You should just smile, and play it straight.”..............

more at link above

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
That interview was pretty funny. Even Lutz had a hard time geting his points across.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts