GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is amazing to see how much of a soap opera one tiny car company can generate. Beyond the questionable choices being made at GM regarding Saab, much of the blame for Saab's current predicament has to fall to Saab in Sweden. Talk to virtually anyone at Saab Cars USA, even those who've been with the company since the good old days of Robert Sinclair running the show in Orange, Connecticut, and they will tell you that they would much rather deal with Detroit directly than with Trollhatten (sp?) at this point. That doesn't mean that a lot of stupid decisions aren't being made for the brand by the powers at GM, but if the brand does die or become irrelevant, the Swedes will be just as culpable as the gentlemen and women of GM. Would Ford have done a better job? I doubt it. If Volvo is succeeding, it is in spite of Ford, not because of it. I think Volvo has given more to Ford than it has taken from it, the new S40 notwithstanding. I don't know which marriage would have been best for Saab, and you never can tell. I mean, did anyone think Nissan had any chance when they paired with Renault? Look who's laughing now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.