GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I were out in our 94 Lumina APV(3.8 V-6). We pulled next to a Dodge Durango with a magnum v8 at a light. The light turned green , He floored it so I hit the gas. 5 people in the van vs 2 in the dodge and we blew passed him so fast he wouldn't pull along side of us at the next light. He sat about 10 feet behind us in the next lane. My kids were taunting him through the back window.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Are you sure he was racing?
I blew past a Ferrari the other day. Doesn't mean my Jimmy is faster.

And it doesn't seem responsible, to jeopardize your family's safety like that.
When you race, anything can happen.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
He couldn't have been racing. Why would you try and race a minivan with kids in it? Stupid :microwave:

·
Registered
922 Posts
That would be great if he beat someone with a APV, and if Dad never raced anyone there wouldnt be little little boys who loved cars and grew up to be auto enthusiasts... and maye will visit this site.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
In all fairness, the APV isn't going to go fast enough off the line to endanger the children with a good driver. Mom used to race people at lights in her APV all the time. ;)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle@Jan 7 2004, 05:15 PM
In all fairness, the APV isn't going to go fast enough off the line to endanger the children with a good driver. Mom used to race people at lights in her APV all the time. ;)
I read your thread... had a mental picture... then just started cracking up. Thanks for the laugh Pringle! My mom never raced her APV, but when I got my license I sure tried... could you blame me, we called it the red rocket!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by LGRpup+Jan 8 2004, 03:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LGRpup @ Jan 8 2004, 03:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr_Pringle@Jan 7 2004, 05:15 PM
In all fairness, the APV isn't going to go fast enough off the line to endanger the children with a good driver.  Mom used to race people at lights in her APV all the time. ;)
I read your thread... had a mental picture... then just started cracking up. Thanks for the laugh Pringle! My mom never raced her APV, but when I got my license I sure tried... could you blame me, we called it the red rocket! [/b][/quote]
Yeah- my mother is a little crazy. She listens to hard rock, and carries drum sticks in her car that she plays at stops. Now she drives an Orange Grand Prix GTP Comp G-- much better for racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts