GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
The guy must never have driven a modern GTO...those had Blaupunkt radios too.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
These origins explain some odd styling around the ****pit, such as window and mirror controls mounted on the console
Hate to break it to the world.....but a few other manufacturers did the same thing.....including Lincoln with the Mark VII :rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
This guy has no clue what the hell he is talking about. DOHC in the G8 GT? News to me. Simply another average JOE trying to review that which he knows very little about. Like Stossel says Gimme a Break.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The video review was generally more positive than the written review. Though the description of the dual overhead cams was pretty funny. And in the written review they complain about the 361 as not impressive when BMW squeezes more power out of smaller displacement... sure at greater expense to build, purchase, and maintain -- and with no discernable efficiency gains.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I think that he makes some good points about the Pontiac G8 and one can argue that the Grand Prix was more high tech then it with its HUD, NAV option, paddle shifters, etc.....

Then we go to the Pontiac G8 and dont get me wrong the G8 is the better car out of the two but not by as much as it should have been.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This idiot lost all credability when he said the engine was DOHC with 365hp.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Is there any word on memory seats for 09? This is a major flaw of the G8 as well.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
First time I hear a reviewer write that G8s aren't sporty for cornering.

Only in a GM: no red ink for to paint a little red line? How ironic is that. How much that does save them 1 cent per every 1000 cars?

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
C-net review last week said the G8's revs were displayed in the speedometer; this week's C-net review says the V8 smallblock is a DOHC unit.
Next weel C-net is probably going to do a third and final review on the Audi G8... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think that he makes some good points about the Pontiac G8 and one can argue that the Grand Prix was more high tech then it with its HUD, NAV option, paddle shifters, etc.....

Then we go to the Pontiac G8 and dont get me wrong the G8 is the better car out of the two but not by as much as it should have been.
Sadly, these points are true. If I want a Zeta with the HUD, Camaro it is. (which I had hoped the G8 was going to be the family man's Camaro (complete with HUD and TAP-Shift, but no such luck for me). I'm not saying the G8 isn't a great car, but those couple items are very much appreciated in my GTP Comp G and on those type of items the G8 is a step backwards (where as the drivetrain may be a leap forward, but why can't we have both?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sadly, these points are true. If I want a Zeta with the HUD, Camaro it is. (which I had hoped the G8 was going to be the family man's Camaro (complete with HUD and TAP-Shift, but no such luck for me). I'm not saying the G8 isn't a great car, but those couple items are very much appreciated in my GTP Comp G and on those type of items the G8 is a step backwards (where as the drivetrain may be a leap forward, but why can't we have both?
Well said, I couldn't agree more!

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
This is what frustrates me about GM. They get about 90 percent of things "right", then drop the ball on the details, like Nav, Bluetooth, audio input, etc.

As far as fuel economy, I think everyone was caught off-guard by the spike in fuel prices. The best thing GM could do right now with the G8 and similar cars is offer some efficient engine options like the LNF turbo four and the 2.9L turbodiesel.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
My oh my, all the crybabies on this thread! Find one automaker who turns a product that gets all the details right! Can't be the Civic; I mean, look at the dashboard. The Accord sounds cheap on the freeway (don't argue with me here. Please.). The Camry has several deficits, the GT-R weighs too much and it handles like it, etc.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
All of those points were subjective...

They all offer the technology that is in demand now. And GM continues to blunder things.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
All of those points were subjective...

They all offer the technology that is in demand now. And GM continues to blunder things.
I haven't read a more articulated opinion in a while... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts