GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my jimmy. in an experiment on Ebay, I listed it just to see if it was worth anything. Well, it was. I made decent money on it. The transaction has happened, and I'm quite satisfied all around.

My plan was to buy a brand new car. So, I've been shopping. There are LOTS of cars to choose from in my price range (about 32000cdn).
My realy sole criteria is that the car has to be fuly loaded, with leather and sunroof. It's gotta be the top model.

So, I've test driven a bunch of different things, including the Malibu and Maxx. I like them both a lot in the way they drive. However, I don't like the exterior looks of them. They are just a little too weird, boring and different. So as much as I like the way they drive, they're off my list.

I was going to check out a Saturn Vue, but there is no dealership within an hour of here. That means getting future service (oil changes, etc...) will always involve several hours.

I drove the mazda 3. Very nicely finished. Seems to offer great value for the money (maxes out at 26k CDN), but it's just a little too small and "economy" for me.

I sat in the Epica, Aveo and Optra, but I didn't drive them. They just did absolutely nothing for me, especially after getting to know the Malibu.

So, after all has been said and done, I've opted to delay my new car purchase until the G6 and/or Equinox are available. Which should be in a couple of months.

In the meantime, I have found a 1994 Bonneville SSE, fully loaded for $2000cdn.
I haven't bought it yet (probably later today).

Leather, Sunroof, HUD, and all the fun gadgets that Pontiac has. It's high mileage, but that doesn't really bother me. The engine has been changed at some point in the last year.

If I get it, there will be pictures to share.

For now, I'm driving my brother's 1992 Infiniti Q45. That car is sweet. Super fast. The design still looks fresh. I like it more than the '04.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, Ive seen a few of those older Bonnies for a good price. I was also looking at '97 Auroras for around $7000CAN. Gotta love that ol GM depreciation, these were quite expensive lux models when new. :lol:

Did you try out the Grand Prix GT1? I think its even better now that they are offering incentives on it.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 27 2004, 05:09 PM
So, after all has been said and done, I've opted to delay my new car purchase until the G6 and/or Equinox are available. Which should be in a couple of months.
sounds like a very smart decision. i'm ready to be very impressed by both those vehicles. hope they live up to my hype!

it's interesting how you're considering such a range of cars. a few years back when i was looking for my first new car i looked at the then-new suzuki vitara. i actually really liked it. then i went to a pontiac dealer and looked at a grand am (which i also really liked). when i told the dealer i was also considering the vitara he said "whoa! holy f%@#! man you've really thrown me for a loop... those are WAY different! f%@# man, i don't even know what to say. you gotta pick what kinda vehicle you want first!"!!! i turned and walked right out, and you might guess i didn't buy anything from him! i was shocked! how is it his call what different types of vehicles i consider! especially these days, where there is such a blurring of vehicle types. if buying soon, i'd consider a 4-door canyon, equinox, G6, malibu, maxx, vue, ion, and optra 5. varied? yes, but all could meet my needs. hope you're reading this, old-school, close-minded pontiac salesman!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congrats on your purchase; I used to own the same model you now do, until winter took it's toll. A warning from me: be careful on bridges :D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts