GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you, or anyone you know, has an older Cadillac, i.e. late-70's through early 90's, and if they want to get rid of it quickly, and if it's in reasonably good condition, please give me a hollar by replying to this topic or by sending a PM.

If you, or anyone you konw, is looking to get rid of a car that is not a Cadillac, and the car is in reasonably good shape and very cheap, please let me know anyway.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
My dad is selling his 94 Deville. $5000CDN ($3822US)

It's currently on Ebay, but the auction ends in a couple hours, and the reserve isn't met yet. So it's probably still up for grabs.

EBAY auction

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rex. The car looks like a beauty, but buying from Quebec might be a hurdle.

Before I go ask your dad, would you happen to know if the controls are labeled in French?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
They are English.

All cars in Canada (and Quebec) have only English controls.

Speedometer is in Kilometers (but has a button that converts it to miles).

You can ask me any questions about it. No need to bother my dad. I know the car.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Sorry, I've no Caddy to sell, but I've read that the El Dorado depreciates huge during the first few years due in part to all of the rebates it was offered with. If I were in the market for a used Caddy I'd buy one of these from 1996 up, try to get it for around 7000.

On the other hand, if you want a cheap used Caddy, there's always....

:p

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
What about the Catera. I always thought they were cool little caddies you could get for pretty cheap, about 5k.

·
Registered
56 Posts
:blink: Hey guys, I'm a Caddy Lover/Driver (currently '04 Escalade) for years. Really not trying to rain on parade "CoolCaddy". But before you buy an older used Cadillac, and there's some nice ones out there. Keep in mind they are a more complicated car and they need Cadillac part$$$$. If you need repair, it can get very expensive. Knowing that, if you except it, go for it man, they're great cars!

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, if I had my first choice, I would pick up a '79-'85 Eldorado. I think they're gorgeous, and they can be had really cheap in great condition if you (er, I) look around carefully for one.

OTOH, I'm open to just about anything since I need another car pretty soon, (long story--moving--putting other Cadillacs in storage for next couple of months--need basic transportation while they're in storage--yada yada yada).

So, please do continue to let me know if any of you have anything to sell, know anyone with something to sell, or have any ideas where to look (other than obvious places like eBay, Yahoo, cars.com, etc.)

...and BTW Ming, if I could pick up a Cimarron in great shape for next to nothing, I'd seriously consider it. Call it a combination of my Cadillac fanaticism, my tendency to penny-pinch, and my desperation for finding something quickly. :p

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found one! I found one! Yay! :D

I found this one on AutoTrader.com...

I went out and drove it yesterday and I'm set to take it home tonight.

It has a few minor cosmetic problems--the power antenna doesn't retract, the vinyl roof is starting to wear a bit, and the windshield needs to be replaced (cracked)--but it's otherwise perfect. An absolutely gorgeous car that runs very nicely, and the gentleman who is selling it is letting it go for, what I think, is dirt cheap.

I'm really stoked. :woot2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts