GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The compact truck market was the fastest growing of all the automotive markets in 1985, and the four-wheeling sports utility vehicle was a big seller within that segment. Several years before, of course, there were no compact utility wagons, which certainly could account for the rapid growth. But it was really not just a case of people buying compact utility vehicles instead of full-sized utility vehicles. What it was , was that the compacts created a broader market. People who would not consider buying a full-sized utility vehicle suddenly were buying the compact versions....

Video: 1985 Chevrolet S10 Blazer LaserDisc Promotional Film

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
They were a sweet looking vehicle but so under-powered. They were also, like most vehicles of the time, prone to rusting above the rear wheel wells. I had an '84 and '87 6 cyl manuals. The four door Cherokees and Explorers killed sales of Blazer and Jimmy S10/15 models. By the time the GM twins arrived with 4-doors it was game over until the 1995 Gen 2s arrived.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
230,000 miles on my 91 four door when I passed it on to my brother in law . It was my first car and I've always had a sweet spot for Blazers. My XV is damn near the same dimensions. Probably why I love it so much.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had an 86 S10 Blazer 4x4 with the 2.8 V6 and a 5 speed stick. That thing would not get out of its own way, but it was fun and I never got it stuck anywhere! Was it around 89 when you could get the 4.3 V6?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts