GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You may have thought of vehicles with off road capabilities as highly specialized, narrow focus machines. You may have considered all wheel drive sport utility wagons like the S-10 Blazer, Bronco II, and Cherokee as thinly disguised trucks or nicely upholstered farm implements. Maybe you believed these vehicles compromised themselves into a corner in pursuit of all terrain talents...

Video: 1984 Chevrolet S10 Blazer vs Bronco II and Cherokee

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I bought a new 1984 S-10 Blazer with V-6, 5-speed manual and top trim level. It was a great vehicle over the 3years I owned it but, man, was it gutless. There were many times I had to shift down to third gear to make it up some of the many hills on Interstate 91 in Vermont. I considered the Jeep, because of its 4doors but the local dealer at the time was very small and I doubted its long term survival. The Bronco 11 looked cartoonish so never gave it any more thought.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Not my favorite era, but man I miss these old body on frame SUV's! Really miss my Cherokee!

·
Super Moderator
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 6M w/LS3
4,299 Posts
When I was in my teen in the mid-80's, my parents brought a brand new '86 Bronco II. It was shocking because we usually only owned GM products. Anyway, it was well-equipped XLT with the electronic 4WD, and it was actually a decent little truck. When borrowing it a couple of times, I did it get it up on two wheels making left turns, so that was kinda scary, but all in all, it was fun to drive.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
I bought a new 1984 S-10 Blazer with V-6, 5-speed manual and top trim level. It was a great vehicle over the 3years I owned it but, man, was it gutless. There were many times I had to shift down to third gear to make it up some of the many hills on Interstate 91 in Vermont. I considered the Jeep, because of its 4doors but the local dealer at the time was very small and I doubted its long term survival. The Bronco 11 looked cartoonish so never gave it any more thought.
I remember driving with someone in an F-250 diesel pulling a smaller bulldozer on trailer, on I-91... maybe 10 000 pounds towed weight. The guy was keeping 75 mph on I-91 and I don't think he downshifted at all, and the truck was running fine :lmao:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
I inherited a '86 S-10 with the v6 from my brother. I liked it but always considered my friends Cherokees slightly better. It was equipped with the 4.0L straight 6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.