1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Stephen King would be proud. Slick looking ride :D

·
Registered
903 Posts
I would be so afraid of driving that for fear of door dings or worse. Beautiful machine. Chrysler at it's best. *drool*

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Is it all original or have you done any work on it? Either way it is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliments all!

It drove beautifully all day. Then, vapor lock happened. Or what I suspect was vapor lock. It could have been that I was an idiot and pumped the gas pedal on an already hot engine, thereby activating the electronic choke (one of the very few, minor modern upgrades on the car) and then starved the engine. I think the latter happened first, then I got it going after a 40 minute cool down on the side of the road, and then the former happened because Christine likes to push my buttons for a change (transmission-related pun intended).

OH. And I flooded it when I took off one of the air-cleaners to check if the jets were delivering fuel to the front two barrels of the rear carb. I guess I pulled on the throttle linkage a bit too much.

All is well now...she sailed home in dynamic fashion.

The best part is I smell like old car now.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Thanks for the compliments all!

It drove beautifully all day. Then, vapor lock happened. Or what I suspect was vapor lock. It could have been that I was an idiot and pumped the gas pedal on an already hot engine, thereby activating the electronic choke (one of the very few, minor modern upgrades on the car) and then starved the engine. I think the latter happened first, then I got it going after a 40 minute cool down on the side of the road, and then the former happened because Christine likes to push my buttons for a change (transmission-related pun intended).

All is well now...she sailed home in dynamic fashion.

The best part is I smell like old car now.
That's one of those Chryslers with a push-button tranny setup?! :dro:

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it all original or have you done any work on it? Either way it is beautiful.
It was rebuilt/refurbished (cosmetically) sometime in the 1990s, and then it sat without a powertrain. I came along in 2003 and had the rest put together, and it's been an ongoing process since. I have less mechanical inclination than I feel comfortable admitting, so even changing the spark plugs is an all-consuming event for me.

That's one of those Chryslers with a push-button tranny setup?! :dro:
Sure is. Three-speed TorqueFlite. Perhaps the finest automatic transmission up until this very decade.

·
Premium Member
35,874 Posts
Nice ride. Nice fins. Nice pushbuttons. Kewl.

When youse going to fi it?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That car is absolutely gorgeous. What year is it?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Do people run away and dive for cover when they see it coming down the boulevard?

Where's the Buick?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts