1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
6,921 Posts
Wind noise and road noise mid-pack? Is that what I heard?

It appears sportier than it drives?
What is that supposed to mean?
Was that a cafe-latte rainsoaked Northwest news anchor dissing the Toyota?

Between that, the exposed seat mounts and the breaking tray handle, I'd say somebody has some work to do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No actually pontiac got the better of the deal. Its has better options and it looks a whole hell of a lot better. You must haven't seen either one huh?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
The video isn't loading. But someone would be foolish or just uninformed to take the Matrix over the Vibe. The Vibe is a much better value with a much better warranty, and IMO better looks. The only thing the Vibe lacks is the optional bluetooth and gps avaliable on the Matrix, but thats not worth a $3k price difference and bluetooth will probably appear next year anyway.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Wow, somebody had the nads to expose flaws of Toyota? How rebellious! I like the flaw in the seat!
Its the sign of the apocalypse! Run for your lives...although where they hell (no pun intended) would you run during the apocalypse? Anyway back to the car... I hate to quote Fox News, but the review seemed pretty fair and balanced.

Particularly agreed with his point about the hatchbacks. Why do Americans hate them in cars and love SUV's which are really big hatchbacks? Thank god thats the only thing we have a double standard about.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I noticed that they never bring up Focus or Cobalt as fuel efficient and only mention the Vibe as the only domestic brand. That is the problem with many in America, they only see the Asian brands as considerations; very narrow minded and uneducated.

·
Registered
426 Posts
They are trying to market to youth? I am seventeen and that Toyota Matrix is drop-dead FUGLY. Yo quiero el Cadillac CTS por favor! But with a budget in mind, I rather have a Malibu and NO, I am by no means biased, the old Malibu was fugly. On the subject of Toyota, I was talking to a sixteen year old friend of mine, a girl into the arts and she said she hates Lexus for they "look like any other Hyundai out there," and wants either a "Cadillac Sedan" or Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Lol, maybe the youth of America is tired of these imports driven by our mommies and daddies?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Lol, maybe the youth of America is tired of these imports driven by our mommies and daddies?
I think you hit the nail on the head. Young people are all about rebellion, not believing what their parents tell them ect, and I think it's this rebellious spirit that is going to drive them to different car companies. With the designs, quality and MPG I think GM is setting up to be that company.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Both cars need to die.. Toyota just needs to die in general. The Vibe is not a Pontiac and never will be. It doesn't even get the GM badge on the side. Its a Toyota in Pontiac clothing, and not even good clothing at that!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
They are trying to market to youth? I am seventeen and that Toyota Matrix is drop-dead FUGLY. Yo quiero el Cadillac CTS por favor! But with a budget in mind, I rather have a Malibu and NO, I am by no means biased, the old Malibu was fugly. On the subject of Toyota, I was talking to a sixteen year old friend of mine, a girl into the arts and she said she hates Lexus for they "look like any other Hyundai out there," and wants either a "Cadillac Sedan" or Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Lol, maybe the youth of America is tired of these imports driven by our mommies and daddies?
I totally agree with you. I'm 28 and would never consider driving a Toyota or Honda, they are boring. But then again I was raised in a GM family, primarily Pontiac. And I still love them. Why would I want to drive a Honda Accord? Its huge for one thing and its considerably boring. Toyota is the same way. The younger generations do not want these cars as our parents didn't want the Buicks and Oldsmobiles that their parents had when they were our age. Times are changing and I think GM and Ford are positioned to be on top again soon. They just need to understand who their market is geared to.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I know I said it before when this thing first came out, but the heat shield for the headers really...really looks like a hospital bedpan.

5,934 Posts
Interesting that he was willing to forgive the breaking tray saying, "... It is a Toyota. And they do make good cars ...". If that was the Vibe he would say, "... In this day and age, one would expect the tray to not break ...".

I think that is a mindset for many in the population. They are willing to forgive Toyota for any misdeeds, but not a domestic manufacturer. It's almost fashionable to bash the domestics. Just like it's fashionable to bash Bush.

This review just proves to me what I've been saying for the past couple years. Toyota is now living off reputation, and can afford to forgo the details. The domestics need to remain focused on the small stuff, and details. Just like this dude I studied with in college. He said, "Don't sweat the details... but it's all details".

The Japanese can get away with the cutting costs and corners since they have an established reputation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts