GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer trip time for my ATS. It's getting its oil changed, getting its tires rotated, getting some recalls worked on, getting its fuel door fixed, and its squeaky brakes fixed. They're keeping the car for the weekend, so I got a 2015 CTS to drive in the mean time.

I. Love. This. Car.

Any questions about it for me? I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If I do remember correctly you weren't a fan of this car the first time you had a loaner. In fact I feel like you said you would never dream of getting rid of the ATS for one. Why the sudden change?

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Dealer trip time for my ATS. It's getting its oil changed, getting its tires rotated, getting some recalls worked on, getting its fuel door fixed, and its squeaky brakes fixed. They're keeping the car for the weekend, so I got a 2015 CTS to drive in the mean time.

I. Love. This. Car.

Any questions about it for me? I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow.
That's only the tip of the iceberg. Now you know why I have such a positive outlook on where Cadillac is heading

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
I was shocked at how good it was, honestly. It threw me back into the seat with authority.
I had a 2015 ATS loaner a few weeks ago (comparably equipped to my ATS 2.0T) - the increased torque over my 2013 was VERY noticeable to the point that the thought crossed my mind to upgrade to a 2015 :)

Doesn't the CTS have more advanced sound cancellation, etc? Does the 2.0T sound any different than in the ATS?

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I was at the dealer yesterday (to fix driver's seat heating element on my Regal Turbo, 3rd time already, what a POS) and I was surprised to see how very little knee room was at the back seat. My thought was: Is this ATS or CTS? Then I walked to the ATS across the showroom and opened the rear door...wow. Even less room.

Caddy still does not get it...for such price sticker.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
I was at the dealer yesterday (to fix driver's seat heating element on my Regal Turbo, 3rd time already, what a POS) and I was surprised to see how very little knee room was at the back seat. My thought was: Is this ATS or CTS? Then I walked to the ATS across the showroom and opened the rear door...wow. Even less room.

Par for the segment. Cadillac isn't in the same market as Chevy or Buick.

That's funny. My ATS is in the shop this weekend too, only for a much longer list of repairs.

My loaner is a 2014 ATS Performance V6.
What's going on with yours?

·
Registered
21,338 Posts

Bummer on your heated seat...........

We've saw comparison numbers; G2 vs. G3, I didn't think it was noticeably bigger (enough) either, but the ATS is clearly, much smaller.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
That's funny. My ATS is in the shop this weekend too, only for a much longer list of repairs.

My loaner is a 2014 ATS Performance V6.

So the "black dot" in the 2015 Consumers Report Buyers Guide is right..............

All we need is BlackGTP and Patrick to take theirs to the shop and we'll be at 100%

Reactions: Neanderthal

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Attached is a pic of a colleagues ATS with me (short at 5.3") and three tall colleagues (over 6ft) going to lunch. No one complained that the ATS lacked leg room! The guy in the rear seat next to me told the guy in the passenger seat to move his seat back if he wished, but he declined saying he was comfortable. Lack of rear seat room is in the CTS in particular is bogus. The 3G feels far roomier than the 2G and comparable to the 5 Series.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
So the "black dot" in the 2015 Consumers Report Buyers Guide is right..............

All we need is BlackGTP and Patrick to take theirs to the shop and we'll be at 100%
Just to prove you all wrong I will never take mine to the shop, even if the engine is smoking, cam chains flailing and liquids are spilling out of the radiator!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
What's going on with yours?
Headliner rattle (again)
New rear lamp assembly
New front park sensors
CUE update
Safety alert seat malfunction (needs new vibrator thing)
New rear suspension (maybe...dealer thinks it needs it, I dont)
Second key fob not working

The dealership service department has been great and is the only silver lining in this. The service advisor went so far as to give me her cell # and told me to call/text her anytime i need an appointment or assistance. She also texts me updates about the car while they have it. Luxury customer service.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
View attachment 25890

Attached is a pic of a colleagues ATS with me (short at 5.3") and three tall colleagues (over 6ft) going to lunch. No one complained that the ATS lacked leg room! The guy in the rear seat next to me told the guy in the passenger seat to move his seat back if he wished, but he declined saying he was comfortable. Lack of rear seat room is in the CTS in particular is bogus. The 3G feels far roomier than the 2G and comparable to the 5 Series.
The guy in front/pass is almost sitting on top of the dashboard.......... His knee is buried into the glove box.

Just to prove you all wrong I will never take mine to the shop, even if the engine is smoking, cam chains flailing and liquids are spilling out of the radiator!
Let me know where you leave it, I'll come pick it up, it'll probably still be under warranty! :zippy:

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
If I do remember correctly you weren't a fan of this car the first time you had a loaner. In fact I feel like you said you would never dream of getting rid of the ATS for one. Why the sudden change?
Plus it's hideous beyond belief and the 2.0 sounds like a blender.

View attachment 25890

Who's wearing the suede bucks, the Mentalist?

The dealership service department has been great and is the only silver lining in this. The service advisor went so far as to give me her cell # and told me to call/text her anytime i need an appointment or assistance. She also texts me updates about the car while they have it. Luxury customer service.
Maybe she's just tryna hit dat nsap... unowutimsayinyeahhhh

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.