GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2010 Toyota Prius [Spied with interior shots!]
August22

Spy photographers have once again managed to snap pictures of the upcoming third-generation Prius. However, unlike previous shots, our spy photographers were able to catch the first glimpse of the car’s interior.

As evidenced by our most recent spy shots, the next-gen Prius will keep the same distinctive shape of the current model, but will actually be about 2.5 cm wider and 3 cm shorter than the current car.

As seen in past spy shots, Toyota will offer an optional (premium package) solar roof, which will assist with the air conditioning and electronics.

Out back, it looks as though the new Prius will be receiving sharper edge lines, which should aid in air flow.

The 2010 Prius will be built at Toyota’s new Mississippi plant, and will measure a bit larger than the current model. Power wise, we’re expecting 40 more horsepower from a new 1.8-liter engine, and better fuel economy. The Prius will still be aided by nickel metal hydride batteries, but lithium ion batteries are anticipated in the not-so-distant future.

Look for the new Prius to make its official debut at the North American International Auto Show in January.

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
So far....I think it looks more agressive and the interior is better then the current one....so too much to see...but definatly improved

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
The new dash sucks. It looks like a concept interior, a concept circa 1992. It seems like every new car has to have the console flowing from the dash and it hurts knee room. One of the cool things about the current Prius was the integration of the controls into the MFD, now they are separated and the MFD is replaced with a parts bin stereo. Another cool thing was the dash-mounted shifter, now that's integrated into the console just like every other car on the planet.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Greenies and other assorted environazis should be pleased :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree with AndrewGS, one of the positive aspects of the current Prius was how open the interior is. Although I think the design itself does look better here, I think the next generation will feel more cramped due to their choice of form over function.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Old technology. Though it will be a plug in. I hope GM has its two modes in sedans by then, including Cruze, and Malibu

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think its a huge step forward in the interior and front fascia. The 2nd gen made the 1st gen look good lmao

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Old technology. Though it will be a plug in. I hope GM has its two modes in sedans by then, including Cruze, and Malibu
Fat chance.
The Volt will do well though. It will also have solar panels in the roof (I am betting). The Vue should also be plug-in by then I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts