·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen To The Awesome Growl Of Cadillac's CT5-V Blackwing
carbuzz.com
Nov. 25, 2020
By: Aaron Brzozowski

Ahead of the performance luxury machine's official unveiling, we've been given another chance to hear the awesome Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing on the street, thanks to a new Instagram video. The clip shows a camouflage-clad CT5-V Blackwing as it takes off from a stop light, running through the first couple of gears in its six-speed manual transmission.

The presence of a manual option wasn't always a foregone conclusion; the "standard" CT5-V doesn't have one, and nor did the third-generation CTS-V that went away for 2020. It wasn't until January of this year that we got tentative confirmation the CT5-V Blackwing would come with an available stick-shift, which will make it the only vehicle in its class with a manual.
Video, and link, to the original Instagram video at the link. Would you like to know more?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Sounds great, but I'm past this phase of my life.

Darn it.

·
Registered
12,692 Posts
So this is yet another Blackwing model that doesnt have a blackwing V8 in it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Hell no, the Auto is way too good. Manual would be a hindrance.
Hahahaa! Yes - the 10 speed is incredible and another stake in the heart of manual transmissions. I'm part of "the problem" I thought about getting a stick in my ATS, but the thought of a stick and the huge amount of traffic in my commute at the time quickly killed that thought. Now, GM's automatic is so good the thought wouldn't enter my mind, the 10 speed is fantastic. Almost invisible in normal driving and it feels so good when you floor it, feeling it snap through the gears!

Stick shifts are like the Ute - everyone wants it to stay, but wants someone else to buy it.

·
Premium Member
33,290 Posts
Hahahaa! Yes - the 10 speed is incredible and another stake in the heart of manual transmissions. I'm part of "the problem" I thought about getting a stick in my ATS, but the thought of a stick and the huge amount of traffic in my commute at the time quickly killed that thought. Now, GM's automatic is so good the thought wouldn't enter my mind, the 10 speed is fantastic. Almost invisible in normal driving and it feels so good when you floor it, feeling it snap through the gears!

Stick shifts are like the Ute - everyone wants it to stay, but wants someone else to buy it.
You betrayed your fellow man to the 10 speed when they needed you most. This is the last stand of the manual, and you went to the dark side...

Happy thanksgiving

·
Premium Member
33,290 Posts
True. With some things it still lingers in me even if I have moved on in life. Thought it sounded alright considering the quality ;) of the computer speaker.
The Small block start up in its performance mode, always makes one feel alive. There is nothing like it.. the roar.. is like bwoy..
Shut up and race

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
You betrayed your fellow man to the 10 speed when they needed you most. This is the last stand of the manual, and you went to the dark side...

Happy thanksgiving
I abandoned the manual transmission long ago... But I love the rare opportunities to drive one. But the 10 speed takes any lingering doubts away that I made the right choice. I expect my next car to be electric, so zero chance of getting a stick on that!

Totally unrelated - I was checking out a friends Bolt the other day and I was shocked that it has a normal car battery to run the accessories.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Then buy one to make sure the stick lives on! :D

The problem is that everyone wants somebody else to buy it.
The problem is they don’t offer sticks in enough cars or in cars most people can afford.

Offer a stick on the CT4 or CT5 with all the engines, 4 cylinder and V6, under $50k, and actually BUILD them and stock them at dealers, and watch how many would sell.

The manual isn’t dead because people don’t want them. It’s dead because manufacturers only offer them in limited production, expensive cars, and don’t promote them, then yell “see? No one wants one!” :confused:

·
Registered
633 Posts
The problem is they don’t offer sticks in enough cars or in cars most people can afford.

Offer a stick on the CT4 or CT5 with all the engines, 4 cylinder and V6, under $50k, and actually BUILD them and stock them at dealers, and watch how many would sell.

The manual isn’t dead because people don’t want them. It’s dead because manufacturers only offer them in limited production, expensive cars, and don’t promote them, then yell “see? No one wants one!” :confused:
Basically no one wants a manual any more, except for a few muscle or performance cars. They sit on the lots for months and get blown out at huge discounts on anything else. You really think the dealers don't know what sells?

·
Premium Member
33,290 Posts
I abandoned the manual transmission long ago... But I love the rare opportunities to drive one. But the 10 speed takes any lingering doubts away that I made the right choice. I expect my next car to be electric, so zero chance of getting a stick on that!

Totally unrelated - I was checking out a friends Bolt the other day and I was shocked that it has a normal car battery to run the accessories.
There is a little church lady that gifted me a base corolla with a manual transmission a while back. I ended up giving it away to some needy teenagers. Bwoy oh bwoy. with those skinny tires, that car was an absolute blast.. rowing.. on the freeway.. there is just so much happening.. I am always so tempted to go and buy a Honda Prelude Si from the late 80's and 90's..

Basic, but man oh man, revving that motor, no power and rowing, there is so much to do...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts