·
Registered
2,003 Posts
:( damn he was the man.

I thought he was doing ok?? :(

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I didn't know he had any sort of health failing. It looks like he's gone to that great engine shop in the sky. RIP.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is truly sad news. I was under the impression he was doing better, but I guess not. He leaves behind a legacy in the perfomance engine and tuning world and a hole that may never be mended. He was a legend, one of a kind. In TV interviews about his latest creations you could see pure excitement in his expressions. He was a man who loved what he did and did it better than anyone else.

RIP John Lingenfelter :( We will miss you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tis a sad, sad day. I hope a auto mag. pays tribute to the man that brought us a hand full of cars that would make us go into debt to own one because they kicked that much ***.

That would be cool, MT reporting about the new C-6 followed by the man that made the Corvette a beast you wouldn't dare race against.

RIP, and hopefully his buisness he leaves behind continues to thrive and produce some jaw dropping examples that John would be proud of. :(

*I think I'm going to cry :flush:*

·
Registered
1 Posts
:( He will be sorely missed, especially by those of us into GM performance cars.
I would imagine Car and Driver magazine will do a story on John. C&D tested so
many of his supercars over the years, always with spectacular results. Let's hope
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering continues to prosper, it would be a fitting
tribute to him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts