GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 65 Posts

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I suspect this is intended to keep the nameplate in production while they make a decision relative to on-again, off-again CD6-based Lincoln sedan projects as much as anything else. There really isn't much to lose here as Flat Rock is already tooled and running for the car anyway and Mustang production is going to continue regardless. If that is the case then this may be good news with regard to the prospects on a CD6-based Lincoln moving forward. On the flip side, if the Continental does make it through the product cut gauntlet, it won't survive beyond 2022 as we know it regardless. So, at that point, it's either CD6 or nothing unless drastic changes occur.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Unfortunately, Continental probably isn't too far behind in the cancellation department, but it has another 2-3 years before that happens..
I'm betting money that the proposed four-door Mustang has a hypothetical, more luxurious brother. A four-door, Mustang based Continental that is like a slightly larger 6-Series four-door coupe would pair well with a four-door pony and, realistically, would likely do reasonably well as a stand alone. Suicide doors would work well on such a car too. Though, it does strike me that in some ways that car would be more like a modernized late 60's Thunderbird sedan than any recent heritage Lincoln models.

1 - 2 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.