GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln's Aviator has proven catastrophic for Lincoln's Consumer Reports quality rankings, finishing a distant last place, well behind Tesla. Ford and Cadillac are also struggling in the quality rankings as the two worst performing Detroit brands.

https://www.autonews.com/retail/kai...ankings?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Lincoln finished last among all brands on the survey with an average reliability score of just 8 — the only brand to have a score in single digits — and 21 points lower than Tesla, which was second to last."

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
My brother absolutely loved his Lincoln LS V8 back in the day, one of the most comfortable cars I've ever ridden in, but as soon as engine coils started to fail at $550 a pop it was adios amigo. My mom just did a completely new motor, under warranty thank God, in her 2017 Ford Edge with the 2.0 ecoboost motor and less that 25,000 miles on it because of coolant leaking into the cylinders and the Ford tech said it's a huge problem with all the ecoboost motors. And Cadillacs have always been garbage.

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
I find it hard to believe that GM is so "all over the place" in the rankings. With all of their shared chassis and engines how does one brand land in the top 5 and another in the bottom and two in the middle? I'll stick with JD Power's rankings - things make more sense there.

And what does Lincoln's "8" mean? You'd think with such a low score they'd all be broken down on the side of the road, which certainly isn't the case.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I find it hard to believe that GM is so "all over the place" in the rankings. With all of their shared chassis and engines how does one brand land in the top 5 and another in the bottom and two in the middle? I'll stick with JD Power's rankings - things make more sense there.

And what does Lincoln's "8" mean? You'd think with such a low score they'd all be broken down on the side of the road, which certainly isn't the case.
Exactly. Lincoln is hardly the unreliable brand that is being painted. Heck, we’ve all seen the horrible quality of Tesla (Misaligned panels, terrible paint, electrical gremlins) and Lincoln is certainly ahead in that regard. So these rankings are suspect imo. And wth does this mean...not enough data on Acura? Fiat? BS

“Consumer Reports had insufficient data to rank the Acura, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Fiat, Genesis, Jaguar, Land Rover, Maserati, and Mitsubishi brands.”

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Nautilus is flawless, with the exception of a poorly fit interior trim piece that had to be replaced. But all of my Lincolns have been flawless with the exception of MyLincoln Touch on my 2011 and 2013 MKX.

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
My Nautilus is flawless, with the exception of a poorly fit interior trim piece that had to be replaced. But all of my Lincolns have been flawless with the exception of MyLincoln Touch on my 2011 and 2013 MKX.
My ATS was pretty good and my new CT4V has had no issues (though I only have a month on it). According to Consumer Reports both of us should be spending most of our time walking to the dealer to complain about our falling apart vehicles.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Mazda #1!!!! WOOT!!!

And Buick #4...I guess I know how to pick em

·
Premium Member
35,450 Posts
WHOA! For a minute there I thought Lincoln had gotten into the Main Battle Tank bidness.

My brother absolutely loved his Lincoln LS V8 back in the day, one of the most comfortable cars I've ever ridden in, but as soon as engine coils started to fail at $550 a pop it was adios amigo. My mom just did a completely new motor, under warranty thank God, in her 2017 Ford Edge with the 2.0 ecoboost motor and less that 25,000 miles on it because of coolant leaking into the cylinders and the Ford tech said it's a huge problem with all the ecoboost motors. And Cadillacs have always been garbage.
Surely someone can come up with a clever play on ecoboost having something to do with something and something else and lots of dollars and failures.

I remember in the '90s (I think) when CR highly recommended either the Taurus or Sable and said OTOH the Sable or Taurus is a POS and DO NOT BUY.
Completely the same cars. CR never tried to 'splain that discrepancy. I came up with my own theory and it didn't take a lot of time or pondering. Some owners are different from other owners.

Exactly. Lincoln is hardly the unreliable brand that is being painted. Heck, we’ve all seen the horrible quality of Tesla (Misaligned panels, terrible paint, electrical gremlins) and Lincoln is certainly ahead in that regard. So these rankings are suspect imo. And wth does this mean...not enough data on Acura? Fiat? BS

Consumer Reports had insufficient data to rank the Acura, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Fiat, Genesis, Jaguar, Land Rover, Maserati, and Mitsubishi brands.”
Probably because their data comes from subscribers and those subscribers all drive Honda, Toyota, or maybe Toyota and Honda. That other :001_9898: just doesn't count. Only cretins and The Unenlightened drive that stuff. Nothing to see here folks, move along. :sad:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mazda #1!!!! WOOT!!!

And Buick #4...I guess I know how to pick em
I'm in rental cars every week for work. Recently had a 21 Sonata that had a nasty dash rattle and a seat heater that only worked for 2 min at a time, a Jeep Compass that had blasted me with "service electric throttle" warnings, a 2020 Jetta with a click clunk in the front end and a burning oil smell.

Had a week with a Mazda 3, what a well built little car. Fntastic in every way and truly felt much more expensive than it is. Also had a new Regal, it's performance absolutely shocked me (was a base 2.0 T with 9 speed). Not only did it ride great, but also had a good quality feel to it. Such a shame they had to pull the plug on it. Maybe Buick and mazda seserve closer looks?

·
Premium Member
6,252 Posts
I talked to a woman in town with an early Aviator. She LOVES her Aviator btw. One of the things that really impressed her was how Lincoln handled a problem that she had, early on. They would send a rental Aviator to Payson (over 100 miles from the Lincoln dealership) and sent a flatbed tow truck to bring her Aviator to the Valley for repairs.

She said she has owned all of the big luxury brands, and has NEVER been treated so amazingly when one of them had a problem. Just the opposite, where she was treated like it was her fault. She sees herself owning Lincolns for a long time. Oh, and she had all of the luxury brands on her maybe list before she bought the Aviator. She said nothing came close, within $20K.

As for the Ecoboost thing................... that is a lie. I have never heard of that problem, and I am on Ecoboost forums. Considering that Ford has sold millions of EB vehicles, if they were that terrible, everyone would be a one and done. I'm sure, like everything else, there are some bad ones. 123K on mine, so far.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Aviator is their 2nd bestselling vehicle behind Corsair, another all-new car. I haven't heard much about Corsair, but I'm sure it has launch problems too, just not as overwhelming as Aviator. With such a huge share of their new cars being Aviator and Corsair, that's going to make an overwhelming impact if something goes wrong. I'm use to my Lincolns having no problems at all, so having a service visit of any kind for warranty work is an uncommon event. Lincoln does go out of their way to service their cars, which I'm sure costs a tremendous amount of money during these rough launches. My car only goes in for service once a Year for an oil change and they come and get it and leave a loaner, so I never go to the dealer. Since I know how well Lincoln takes care of their customers, I'm not that worried bout warranty work on new launches. I don't think it would prevent me from buying an Aviator. Really the only thing preventing me from buying an Aviator is that the leases are extremely expensive relative to the Nautilus. It's worth it I'm sure, but I don't need that much car since I love my BL Nauti anyway.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
As for the Ecoboost thing................... that is a lie. I have never heard of that problem, and I am on Ecoboost forums. Considering that Ford has sold millions of EB vehicles, if they were that terrible, everyone would be a one and done. I'm sure, like everything else, there are some bad ones. 123K on mine, so far.
It's not something I read on a forum, it happened to my mom's Ford Edge. It would have been a $7K bill had it not still been under warranty, she got very lucky. The 2.0L ecoboost is the worst, but according to the local Ford tech it is an issue with all the ecoboosts.

https://www.classaction.org/ford-ec...e surfaced that coolant,2013-2019 Ford Fusion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts