GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford and Lincoln are discontinuing the Multi-contour seats in a number of vehicles due to chip shortages. We knew about the Explorer, but I've just learned through my dealer that the optional 22-Way Seats have been dropped from any new Lincoln Nautilus orders. All Lincolns have a version of these seats so it seems likely that others will soon be effected. Just a heads-up!

·
Registered
20,740 Posts
Ford and Lincoln are discontinuing the Multi-contour seats in a number of vehicles due to chip shortages. We knew about the Explorer, but I've just learned through my dealer that the optional 22-Way Seats have been dropped from any new Lincoln Nautilus orders. All Lincolns have a version of these seats so it seems likely that others will soon be effected. Just a heads-up!
I'm thinking they can get away with a 10 way seat! I've never tried the 22 way seat, but it seems overwhelming, to many choices. I could see myself constantly fidgeting with them and never quite getting it right.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

I also think the feature is now not available on the 2022 Expedition Platinum and the 2022 Lincoln Navigator.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I know it seems silly, but the 22-Way seats make the Nautilus comfortable if you're tall. Otherwise the seats are too short. Naturally it's at this moment I'm attempting to order my 7th and final MKX/Nautilus (discontinued in 2024).

But the 22-Way seats in the Nautilus are definitely less sophisticated than the bonkers 30-way seats in all of the other Lincolns, the so-called "Perfect Position" seats.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I know it seems silly, but the 22-Way seats make the Nautilus comfortable if you're tall. Otherwise the seats are too short. Naturally it's at this moment I'm attempting to order my 7th and final MKX/Nautilus (discontinued in 2024).

But the 22-Way seats in the Nautilus are definitely less sophisticated than the bonkers 30-way seats in all of the other Lincolns, the so-called "Perfect Position" seats.
"Perfect Position" seats eh?🙈🙉🙊;)

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,711 Posts
How did people ever manage with 4 way manual seats?!

Those prehistoric savages!
My XR4Ti has a recliner (turn a knob) and slides. Two way seats!
But they do have heated cloth. One temp... hot!!
They're actually quite comfortable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We’ll my 22 Nautilus just went from “ordered” to “in production” and what do you know… the now available window sticker does not show the 22-way seats that I ordered ….

That brought me here. F’k

·
Registered
5 Posts
What has Lincoln and/or your Lincoln dealer told you about the order?
I just found out this evening looking at the Lincoln website and have not had a chance to call yet. As that seat was 1/2 my reason for the special order I may take the tactic of b1ching and see if they will deal one off the lot at a discount. They (dealer or Lincoln) clearly gave me zero heads up.

Any suggestions on an approach? I’m doing my first A plan and have a brother in-law in Ford corporate office that I souldn’t ask for help from.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I just found out this evening looking at the Lincoln website and have not had a chance to call yet. As that seat was 1/2 my reason for the special order I may take the tactic of b1ching and see if they will deal one off the lot at a discount. They (dealer or Lincoln) clearly gave me zero heads up.

Any suggestions on an approach? I’m doing my first A plan and have a brother in-law in Ford corporate office that I souldn’t ask for help from.

No suggestions - other than talking with your vehicle salesperson. Perhaps wait until they contact you, and if they don’t in a reasonable time, contact them?

It is a shame that Ford (Lincoln) and GM are ignoring their customers, withholding relevant information, and taking them for granted.

I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No suggestions - other than talking with your vehicle salesperson. Perhaps wait until they contact you, and if they don’t in a reasonable time, contact them?

It is a shame that Ford (Lincoln) and GM are ignoring their customers, withholding relevant information, and taking them for granted.

I wish you the best of luck.
I talked to my dealer. He confirmed what we are discussing here. No 22-way seats are being installed on new Lincolns. I’m going in tomorrow to buy a near identical one off the lot tomorrow (or real soon) and not wait for my sub perfect build to complete. I’ll be in a new car soon.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I talked to my dealer. He confirmed what we are discussing here. No 22-way seats are being installed on new Lincolns. I’m going in tomorrow to buy a near identical one off the lot tomorrow (or real soon) and not wait for my sub perfect build to complete. I’ll be in a new car soon.

Good luck with the new vehicle purchase. Let us know what you get and how you like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck with the new vehicle purchase. Let us know what you get and how you like it.
I picked up a 2022 Nautilus Reserve I AWD with TWIN-TURBO 2.7L V6 ENGINE.
GILDED GREEN MET CC
PREM LTHR-TRMD EBONY/ROAST

It is only hours old but so far I love it. I’ll report back once I get a couple thousand miles on it.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I picked up a 2022 Nautilus Reserve I AWD with TWIN-TURBO 2.7L V6 ENGINE.
GILDED GREEN MET CC
PREM LTHR-TRMD EBONY/ROAST

It is only hours old but so far I love it. I’ll report back once I get a couple thousand miles on it.
Pics or it doesn't exist.......LOL.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Looks good! Congrats!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
... and what do you know… the now available window sticker does not show the 22-way seats that I ordered ….

That brought me here. F’k
I heard a rumor that they removed one of the "ways" you could adjust them because too many owners were accidently pushing the "compactor" button while driving. So now they're just 21-way seats.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out even 21 different directions you could move a seat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts