GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just emailed this to Rex, but then found this area to post:

I was just in Flagstaff AZ for job training staying at the Residence Inn. I saw test cars from both GM/Cadillac and Ford. There was a Lincoln LS that looked to have a '05 Mustang nose grafted to it. It was covered by a front bra that was riveted to the car. The car also had some kind of fabricated gas tank filler with a lot of plastic around it (I assume it was to cover the hole made in the body). Sorry no camera. I could see the 05 Mustang in the grill as the bra was mesh material. This car was later covered. I just read that Mercury is dropping Maurader...could this be a new muscle sedan?

I then found 2 '05 Mustangs in the lot. Nothing special to note other than that they were white, with black camoflage spots. They were the first I had seen in person. Both coupes.

The last insteresting tidbit is that there were many CTS's on the lot, couple SRX's. Most had test equipment in them. The CTS's and SRX's had no visual cues that they were different, other than I saw on one SRX that there were three white, small (maybe 5") vertical stripes at the bottom of a black SRX.

All the cars (Fords/Caddy's) had Michegan Dealer Plates on them. This was my first time to Flagstaff AZ and my first time seeing test cars so I wasn't really sure what to look for.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by 72lemanscvbl@Mar 28 2004, 02:42 PM

I was just in Flagstaff AZ for job training staying at the Residence Inn. I saw test cars from both GM/Cadillac and Ford. There was a Lincoln LS that looked to have a '05 Mustang nose grafted to it. It was covered by a front bra that was riveted to the car. The car also had some kind of fabricated gas tank filler with a lot of plastic around it (I assume it was to cover the hole made in the body). Sorry no camera. I could see the 05 Mustang in the grill as the bra was mesh material. This car was later covered. I just read that Mercury is dropping Maurader...could this be a new muscle sedan?

I then found 2 '05 Mustangs in the lot. Nothing special to note other than that they were white, with black camoflage spots. They were the first I had seen in person. Both coupes.

The last insteresting tidbit is that there were many CTS's on the lot, couple SRX's. Most had test equipment in them. The CTS's and SRX's had no visual cues that they were different, other than I saw on one SRX that there were three white, small (maybe 5") vertical stripes at the bottom of a black SRX.

All the cars (Fords/Caddy's) had Michegan Dealer Plates on them. This was my first time to Flagstaff AZ and my first time seeing test cars so I wasn't really sure what to look for.
It doesnt make sence to me why they would do that. That would be by far the dumbest idea Ford had created ever. Why they had the nose on a LS body is beyond me. The LS and Mustang now share a similar chassis with eachother, but very little is interchangeable. The Mustangs chassis is longer, wider and has a live axle. Its actualy become its own chassis. But honestly, what the hell is ford doing? That has to be the strangest mix ever. Not only would that make to be the ugliest car, but the dumbest answer to a question that no one ever thought of asking. Only think I can think of is that SVT will make a 4.6 3v model for teh LS, but good luck fitting that in the engine bay. They just had enough room for the 3.9.
And regarding the other mustangs... were you expecting the Mustang to be a sedan? :D

as for the SRX and CTS, doesnt sound like anything major unless you saw a mesh grill, lower stance,etc etc.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
As for the Ford mules: it might have been a later variant of the Mustang (hi-performance model, ect) or it might have been the new Lincoln flagshift..

As for the Caddys: probably just test vehicles, unless they had a different apperance...

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Chances are the Lincoln/Mustang mutts, were simply test vehicles. Like walking down the street with Groucho Marx nose and glasses.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by 72lemanscvbl@Mar 28 2004, 08:42 AM

Could that LS grill you considered as a new Mustang grill be that new Lincoln design theme? The 05 Mustang is very square-ish and so is the new Lincoln theme that will be in place with the upcoming Aviator. It can also be seen on the Continental concept, Mark X convertible, Navicross concept, and MK9.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts