GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some research across the auto world about hybrids. My heart is set on a Volt, but my patience is slowly eroding. I have narrowed it down to either a MKZ hybrid, Fusion hybrid, and the Optima hybrid. I will keep y'all updated on my final decision.

While checking out the Lincoln website, I stumbled upon a program called the "Lincoln Date Night". Basically you sign up for an extended test drive and get a $100 Visa gift card to do with what you wish. I just got the call from Lincoln and I am set for this weekend. I pick up a MKC on Saturday afternoon and return it on Monday morning. Pretty cool!

I really wanted to drive the car that I am interested in, but you can only go with what they want to put miles on I guess. Either that or the commercials with Matthew McConaughey are going so poorly that Lincoln is doing whatever they can to push the vehicle!! LOL

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have been doing some research across the auto world about hybrids. My heart is set on a Volt, but my patience is slowly eroding. I have narrowed it down to either a MKZ hybrid, Fusion hybrid, and the Optima hybrid. I will keep y'all updated on my final decision.

While checking out the Lincoln website, I stumbled upon a program called the "Lincoln Date Night". Basically you sign up for an extended test drive and get a $100 Visa gift card to do with what you wish. I just got the call from Lincoln and I am set for this weekend. I pick up a MKC on Saturday afternoon and return it on Monday morning. Pretty cool!

I really wanted to drive the car that I am interested in, but you can only go with what they want to put miles on I guess. Either that or the commercials with Matthew McConaughey are going so poorly that Lincoln is doing whatever they can to push the vehicle!! LOL
Yup, Lincoln has done a superb job with this "Date Night" marketing program. I received an invitation to evaluate an MKZ non-hybrid a few months ago. The vehicle itself wasn't all that good, but the customer service demonstrated by both the dealership and the employees/third parties who run the "Date Night" program was absolutely exemplary.

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
I had the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid for my Lincoln Date Night in September.

It probably has to do with what vehicles the participating dealer has available. You should contact the Lincoln rep for the program and tell them what you want to drive. They will set it up for you. When I tried to set up the Date Night online, it would not do it, as there is no Lincoln dealership closer than 80 miles from me. E-mailing them, they were able to set it up for me with no problem, and they were very responsive in getting back to me.

I was very impressed. We will be getting a MKZ Hybrid in the relative near future.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I tried to set up a date night experience about a month or so ago as I was genuinely interested in driving an MKC. All they told me was that I did not meet their qualifications. I was pretty soured on that whole experience and lost my interest.

Just to be fair, I don't know that I was actually interested in purchasing one anyway, but I did want to check it out.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
https://securemg.lincoln.com/datenight/home.aspx

Here is the link for anyone else interested.

I did tell the rep on the phone that I was interested in a MKZ. He said that the only vehicle at the specific dealership available was the MKC. So I will rack some miles on it and talk turkey when I return it. I just wish the wife could drive it some- it will be her vehicle. We'll see how it all turns out.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Thanks for the link. I spotted the MKC on the road the other day and it looked pretty good.

I assume if your honest and state your probably buying later rather than sooner your not getting a loaner car? Nope....I change it to 3 to six months and it didn't matter,,,

No participating dealers in my area.

Come to think of it.....All the Lincoln dealers in nj have closed in the area. There is a ford Lincoln dealer in nearby NY but none in NJ that I can think of....

They all closed, very few people in this area actually drive Lincoln's now that I think of it.

A rare sight for sure....

Would have been cool to have one for a date night. My wife loves cuv s...she might have bit

·
Registered
21,372 Posts
Thanks for the link. I spotted the MKC on the road the other day and it looked pretty good.

I assume if your honest and state your probably buying later rather than sooner your not getting a loaner car? Nope....I change it to 3 to six months and it didn't matter,,,

No participating dealers in my area.

Come to think of it.....All the Lincoln dealers in nj have closed in the area. There is a ford Lincoln dealer in nearby NY but none in NJ that I can think of....

They all closed, very few people in this area actually drive Lincoln's now that I think of it.

A rare sight for sure....

Would have been cool to have one for a date night. My wife loves cuv s...she might have bit
You can still test drive and/or buy one no?

Our satisfaction with our Fusion and my Lincoln MKC date night both added to our ultimate purchase which was a MKX.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Dequindre
1 - 8 of 8 Posts