GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

lncnmo.co/Shinola

At the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, Lincoln is displaying a special Aviator concept that was created in collaboration with the Detroit-based Shinola brand of watches and accessories. The SUV features unique exterior design elements, but the most eye-catching aspects are found in the cabin.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Personally I am not a fan of this color scheme but I understand its part of Shinola and their 'theme'. My g/f's father is a huge watch collector and enthusiast and he loves Shinola I sent him the article before posting here and he is absolutely in love with it. Getting some serious Cartier and Designer Series vibes here from classic Lincolns I kind of hope they move forward with this and it doesn't stay a one off concept. Colors aside I think they did an awesome job with the interior materials look top notch.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Like the wheels hate the centercaps...Give me exposed lugs over covered because if you somehow lose them, your wheels are screwed

·
Registered
18,634 Posts
Personally I am not a fan of this color scheme but I understand its part of Shinola and their 'theme'. My g/f's father is a huge watch collector and enthusiast and he loves Shinola I sent him the article before posting here and he is absolutely in love with it. Getting some serious Cartier and Designer Series vibes here from classic Lincolns I kind of hope they move forward with this and it doesn't stay a one off concept. Colors aside I think they did an awesome job with the interior materials look top notch.
I'm with you, I think the concept of it is a great idea, but I dislike the execution. But I already disliked Lincoln's overall design approach as overdone and this adds to it. But I can certainly see this pleasing the people that do like more ornate styling.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm with you, I think the concept of it is a great idea, but I dislike the execution. But I already disliked Lincoln's overall design approach as overdone and this adds to it. But I can certainly see this pleasing the people that do like more ornate styling.
To me those colors are very 70s and I am just not a fan of 70s aesthetics the browns, golds, avocados etc are very 'gross' to me. But what do I know I am not a huge watch person I have a few I like but not a huge collection or a snob about any of it. This 'theme' though in a dark blue or some other color theme would probably look really good IMO.

On that note though I do have to say I really like the outside typically I am not a fan of copper but the pearl white and copper theme works really well on the Aviator for some reason.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
672 Posts
That’s taken everything I dislike and magnified it…that leather w that shine looks like plastic and the colours are putrid but maybe irl it would look better. Lincoln desperately needs to make some solid announcements rather than trim editions

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
The exterior looks great...the interior, can use some toning down...I'd 86 the white center section of the seat....its as if the seat designers couldn't tell **** from Shinola.

·
Registered
18,634 Posts
To me those colors are very 70s and I am just not a fan of 70s aesthetics the browns, golds, avocados etc are very 'gross' to me. But what do I know I am not a huge watch person I have a few I like but not a huge collection or a snob about any of it. This 'theme' though in a dark blue or some other color theme would probably look really good IMO.

On that note though I do have to say I really like the outside typically I am not a fan of copper but the pearl white and copper theme works really well on the Aviator for some reason.
Ditto! I think that is part of my overall dislike of Lincoln's interior theme on all of their vehicles, they seem to have used the 70's for inspiration and generally I'm not a fan of 70's styles.

I assume the coppery look is the new up and coming thing. I'm pretty sure the new BMW M5 CS has it and I feel like I've seen it in a few other places. Doesn't the CT5 Blackwing have some too?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,055 Posts

Those colors are making a comeback or so we're told. ;)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ditto! I think that is part of my overall dislike of Lincoln's interior theme on all of their vehicles, they seem to have used the 70's for inspiration and generally I'm not a fan of 70's styles.

I assume the coppery look is the new up and coming thing. I'm pretty sure the new BMW M5 CS has it and I feel like I've seen it in a few other places. Doesn't the CT5 Blackwing have some too?
I think it is. Thing with copper is, to me anyway, it only pairs with so many colors well. Pearl white for example looks great with it. Now if the exterior was red I think it would clash pretty hard.

·
Registered
18,634 Posts
I think it is. Thing with copper is, to me anyway, it only pairs with so many colors well. Pearl white for example looks great with it. Now if the exterior was red I think it would clash pretty hard.
Yes! Similar to the "gold packages" of 20 or so years ago - gold rims, logos - looked good on some colors, especially black cars. But I wasn't a fan on other colors, like red.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Better get used to copper...GM is using it on High Country trims of the Tahoe, Silverado, and Traverse

1 - 20 of 46 Posts