GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We know Lincoln is getting a version of the Explorer EV around 2023, but that's about all right now. Presumably an electric Corsair is nearby, especially for China. China is getting some unique products too.

And Ford has that new large truck and SUV EV architecture coming in 2025, so an EV Navigator and Expedition seem likely.

Lincoln also needs to talk about its version of "Blue Cruise", and what it's doing in tech. Navigator will be the first to get it so perhaps they'll wait for that reveal. Aviator isn't due for a MCE until MY 2024 which is when it will get Sync 4 and Blue Cruise (unless they sneak it in sooner somehow).

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am so curious about that cancelled Rivian-based Conti.

I think this is what the Lincoln Lineup will likely look like in the US by around 2025

Corsair
Corsair EV
New Nautilus ICE/Hybrid (Imported from China)
Aviator
Aviator EV
Navigator
Navigator EV

They'll likely drop their PHEV/GT models in exchange for electric.

And I'm not suggesting they'll simply electrify ICE products, but they'll have BEVs in those categories using their new architecture. I don't think you'll see an all EV Lincoln until end of the decade at the soonest.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Well at least Lincoln will be able to complete in Europe now on a EV level playing field could do well like Tesla have.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I don't think they're going to run a parallel EV lineup along side their ICE counterparts...other than the Navigator, I expect the Lincoln EV crossovers to carry their own nameplates.

·
Registered
18,183 Posts
In thinking about this announcement, it is kind of late in the game of "making announcements to go electric", are there any brands left that haven't provided their plans?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Reactions: Mr.Buttons

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ford is set to reveal plans for electrifying the Lincoln brand on June 16th.

View attachment 63896

Also I find it odd that Ford doesn't like to celebrate Lincoln's real anniversary of 1917 but the annivesary of when they bought them in 1922

·
Registered
141 Posts
Also I find it odd that Ford doesn't like to celebrate Lincoln's real anniversary of 1917 but the annivesary of when they bought them in 1922
I suppose it's because 1922 is when they really took off. For the first few years, they made aircraft engines for WWI.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I suppose it's because 1922 is when they really took off. For the first few years, they made aircraft engines for WWI.
1917-1920 they made aircraft engines true but their first car rolled off the line in 1920 too they made cars from 20-22 before Ford bought them out of bankruptcy.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts