GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexus says its New York Auto Show display will include a new concept vehicle, the LF-C sport coupe. The coupe will have a high-output V-8 as its concept powertrain.

Link to full article: thecarconnection.com

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I dont even see the Prowler connection.....but WOW.....that is about the BLANDEST, MOST BORING looking car I have ever seen! I know that it's just a sketch..but Toyota can design an interesting car if their lives depended on it.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I dont even see the Prowler connection.....but WOW.....that is about the BLANDEST, MOST BORING looking car I have ever seen! I know that it's just a sketch..but Toyota can design an interesting car if their lives depended on it.
bland? what does bland mean to you? i see a sleek, aerodynamic coupe, with muscular fender bulges, and a little of a boattail in the rear. nice looking IMO. you can't see the front very well, but it looks a little G35 coupe to me. the fenders bulge a little, and the stacked headlights... looks like the sharpest Lexus ever. i doubt it will be that dramatic, though. they'll probably dumb it down a bit for market, at which point it WILL be bland and boring.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The roof reminds me of a Crossfire. As far as Buick's response, I think a Sigma based coupe or a sportier coupe version of the Velite, either one, with an LS2 would work. I think the names Wildcat or GS600 (reference to the 6 liters of the LS2 and the GS A-bodies of the '60's & '70's [GS350, GS400, & GS455]) would be appropriate for such a car. I'm kind of skeptical that Buick would mimic this move by Lexus, but as far as a GT coupe by Buick, I'm all for it. What is the number again, $3 billion for Buick? I don't see why it couldn't happen.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Mar 25 2004, 01:31 PM
what i see is is larger/wider rear. simliar hood lines. and simliar roof profile.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I actually like the looks of the coupe, which is lightyears ahead of the current Lexus designs. I really do think that Lexus can pull off their new, sleeker styling direction. Hopefully, it looks less like the current SC430 and more like the previous generation SC300/400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts