GM Inside News Forum banner

LeftLanenews: Spied- 2010 Equinox (Not Caddy BRX)

14K views 128 replies 41 participants last post by  FenwickHockey65 
#1 ·
www.leftlanenews.com

Spied: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox (not Caddy BRX)

When spy photos of the 2010 Cadillac BRX arrived on our doorstep a few months ago, we wondered why the vehicle's overall shape looked so different from the Provoq Concept that was supposed to preview it. As it turns out, there's a good reason — it wasn't the BRX at all. Rather, the photos show the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox.

The camouflage stumped our spies at first, but now they've properly
identified the SUV. Code-named GMT172, these are the first Equinox pictures that we’ve taken. Production starts in March of 2009 at the CAMI facility, with sales following shortly afterwards.

January 18, 2008

November 12, 2007

See less See more
#2 ·
They weren't kidding when they said it was going to get bigger in the next generation.

I wonder if it will use the same powertrain lineup as the VUE? (i.e., dump the Chinese 3.4 please)

#5 ·
Considering that it looks like its getting totally redone from front to back, im guessing it is.

#28 ·
The front overhang is WAY too long for a new platform. It looks like it's longer than the rear overhang, which is usually necessarily long in an SUV so that it has decent cargo capacity.

The rest of the profile looks fine. I can see a bit of a Malibu vibe to it (particularly in the short-ish windows), which isn't a bad thing since the Malibu is really a looker.

#32 ·
Also: here are my qualms with Leftlane news, this is the second spy photo they have gotten a little incorrect, they skrewed up the Fusion and posted it as a MKZ or something along those lines, they need to study the pics a little more, anybody can tell the overall shaoe if they study spy pics long enough.

I thought this pic looked a little Dowdy and not very chromed out to be a Cadillac.

#36 ·
Definitely looks like the next Chevy Equinox, not the Cadillac BRX. To throw in my two cents, I think its coming along very well. I like the overall exterior proportions and I would love to see how Chevy's new signature grill looks on the front end of the new Equinox.

#40 ·
Looks solid thus far. Any chance of the turbo 2.0L (260hp/260lb-ft) from the Solstice and '08 Cobalt SS making its way into the Equinox?

Any reason GM can't drop that engine in models across the line-up? It seems like an incredible performer all around (mileage-power ratio).

Also, I read that GM is bumping the hp on the 2.0L to 300 in 2009... is this true? (sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.