GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
I wonder if anyone at Cadillac knows the definition of "pretentious?" Or pretentiq?

I'd think that a cardinal rule of good marketing is to use names that are unambiguous and memorable. These names will be undoubtedly pronounced in different ways, with "tique" and "tick" pronunciations likely to split right down the middle.

Why not some classic names? I didn't really care for a lot of Cadillac's historical names, but Eldorado and Seville are both classics. And using such names links the past to the present. Moving forward while embracing heritage.
this IQ thing is clearly a fad because electrics are a new, latest and greatest thing. What will they do in 10 or 20 years when electrics are as ubiquitous as ICE is today? Are they going to rename everything yet again or simply drop the IQ?

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
Cadillac EVs will be too expensive and pretentious.
Wouldn't I really rather have a Buiq?

It's a luxury brand. They're supposed to be expensive and pretentious.
So long as Cadillac has solid cars in their lineup and focuses on strengthening the brand as prestigious and luxurious, then it'll be fine. Unfortunately, that's been a puzzle Cadillac's been unable to solve. Going EV will not solve their problems.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,298 Posts
It's a luxury brand. They're supposed to be expensive and pretentious.
I know. I own one.
If I eat too much on Thankgiving and go around corners too fast in it, I might just puq.
Gotta make sure I get the window down in time.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts