GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
It's technically putting an "IQ" at the end of everything. They announced this a while back

Vistiq is ok.
Lumistiq seems to have been thought up by a 3rd grader.

This new naming convention shows just how attached to "Escalade" Cadillac really is, considering it survived the last 2 naming convention changes. Surprised it isn't Escaladiq.
maybe not using a DIQ ending makes sense as phonetics go.

·
Super Moderator
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 6M w/LS3
4,299 Posts
I don't love this, but it's better than the alphanumerics of the last 20 years...Especially the recent ones.

I still think they should dust off some of the legacy and show car names and add in some fresh, non-gimmicky names.

And there still needs to be a Buick Electra.

·
Super Moderator
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 6M w/LS3
4,299 Posts
Deborah Wahl, CMO of GM (and Cadillac prior to that), used to work in McDonald's marketing department.

If you're gonna poach fast-food marketing execs, you need to go after Jack In The Box people. They have the most innovative marketing in the industry...Something GM can use.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
WTF Ed. Where am I defending it? Was I not clear when I said "I'm not a fan?" You should read what is there instead of reading what you wish was there.

Not a fan of the cutesy IQ naming convention anymore than when Ford or Chevy start all of their car names with an F or a C, respectively.
And what if I did like the names?
Then I'd start swearing at you!..........................

You need to be more secure in your own opinion that you don't have to try to beat down other people because they don't share your "correct" opinion.
Oh, yeah - I'm worried about what other people think! 🙄

Are you seriously saying: Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition is as moronic as all these "fake" IQ names?

·
Registered
21,338 Posts

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
Then I'd start swearing at you!..........................

Oh, yeah - I'm worried about what other people think! 🙄

Are you seriously saying: Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition is as moronic as all these "fake" IQ names?
They are all cutesy, I don't see the need to rate them. Just stop the trash talk and making things up like "I'm making excuses for them". Relax.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
whooopdee frickin' doo! GM is all about future investment hype right now and not current market performance. (intentional "leaked" bs) The honeymoon will be over soon unless they get off their arse and deliver product. Can they bridge that valley of death?

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Corvette will become iquickie

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I wonder if anyone at Cadillac knows the definition of "pretentious?" Or pretentiq?

I'd think that a cardinal rule of good marketing is to use names that are unambiguous and memorable. These names will be undoubtedly pronounced in different ways, with "tique" and "tick" pronunciations likely to split right down the middle.

Why not some classic names? I didn't really care for a lot of Cadillac's historical names, but Eldorado and Seville are both classics. And using such names links the past to the present. Moving forward while embracing heritage.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Cmon guys you just need to use a little imagination to combine old with new then everyone is happy!

Cieniq
Cieliq
Cateriq
Calaiq
Cimmaroniq
Proviq
Sixteeniq (this one has 16 batteries and 16 electric motors truly a site to see)
Series Sixtiq

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
21 - 40 of 66 Posts