GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LEAKED: These Are The Names Of Cadillac's New Electric Cars
Carbuzz.com
By: Roger Biermann
11/18/21

Like many manufacturers, General Motors is fully onboard the electric bandwagon, developing new Ultium architecture, battery tech, and a slew of new models under its various sub-brands. From Chevrolet, we know an electric Silverado will be revealed early in the new year, GMC has revived Hummer as a new model lineup, and as far as luxury goes, Cadillac is going all-in with the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq and Celestiq, both arriving before 2024. But what comes next for the Warren, Michigan-based brand?

CarBuzz has uncovered trademark filings with several trademark offices, including the UK and Austria in which GM has confirmed the names of three new models under the classification of "Motor land vehicles, namely, automobiles." These are Escalade IQL, Vistiq, and Lumistiq.

Would you like to know more?

Registered
Whoq, thinqs, puttinq a "Q" in everyq nameq isq a goodq ideaq?

馃ゴ

Registered
Not a fan of the cutesy IQ naming convention anymore than when Ford or Chevy start all of their car names with an F or a C, respectively.

But, if they build them great then the name doesn't matter.

I'd rather CT5-IQ, CT4-IV, XT5-IQ, etc.
Branding exercise and at least they are using names. The names need to mean the same thing no matter where they are sold, so I'm fine with it. Just bring out class leading product. A few years ago Mary B said that GM will be in a segment to win not just compete and that hasn't always been true.

Registered
Branding exercise and at least they are using names. The names need to mean the same thing no matter where they are sold, so I'm fine with it. Just bring out class leading product. A few years ago Mary B said that GM will be in a segment to win not just compete and that hasn't always been true.
I've got my fingers crossed! We've had a taste of GM wanting to win with the C8, Blackwings, new tuck interiors and a few others. Let's hope GM unleashes that kind of thinking across all their vehicles and not just the top end! It'll make up for those 30+ years of reviews I've read where their latest and greatest ended up at the bottom of comparisons. Lyriq and Hummer look very promising.

Registered
Cadillac building nice vehicles and moving all of them of the dealers, it's what I want. I don't care if they are called Lumistiq or Fleetwood. It's a way better than CT4, CT5 and XT6, btw. There is a CT Four and Five, but not a Two or Six. Same for XT. An alphanumeric naming is nice when you can fill all the nameplates. And Cadillac is a few cars brand.

Registered
Whoq, thinqs, puttinq a "Q" in everyq nameq isq a goodq ideaq?

馃ゴ
It's technically putting an "IQ" at the end of everything. They announced this a while back

Vistiq is ok.
Lumistiq seems to have been thought up by a 3rd grader.

This new naming convention shows just how attached to "Escalade" Cadillac really is, considering it survived the last 2 naming convention changes. Surprised it isn't Escaladiq.

Registered

They have registered a few in the UK, an Escalade IQL there is something you can put the whole family in worth buying, the Corvette is the only car on offer in the UK an absolutely awesome car but out of tune with CO2 fines it gets hammered, the alway is a bit of tight fit for family. Now everything going EV everywhere GM will be able to complete on level playing field without getting punished taxed off the roads for having a v8 in them. Tesla have not had to many problems cracking the European market with EV's and they are not cheap to buy.

Maybe Mahmoud Samara will be selling a bit more than just electric mobility scooters in Europe in the future?

Registered
Not a fan of the cutesy IQ naming convention anymore than when Ford or Chevy start all of their car names with an F or a C, respectively.

But, if they build them great then the name doesn't matter.

I'd rather CT5-IQ, CT4-IV, XT5-IQ, etc.
You are always there to defend! Atta-Boy!

No this is not at all like that, but carry-on..........

It;s like McDonalds! McWow McWhat McAn McIdea!
Or Apple iPhone, iPad, iGiveup,iMnotworththeprice.
iOuch'iq

It's technically putting an "IQ" at the end of everything. They announced this a while back

Vistiq is ok.
Lumistiq seems to have been thought up by a 3rd grader.

This new naming convention shows just how attached to "Escalade" Cadillac really is, considering it survived the last 2 naming convention changes. Surprised it isn't Escaladiq.
That would be Idiotiq

Reactions: gkr778

Premium Member
  • Haha
Reactions: gkr778

Registered
You are always there to defend! Atta-Boy!

No this is not at all like that, but carry-on..........

iOuch'iq

That would be Idiotiq
WTF Ed. Where am I defending it? Was I not clear when I said "I'm not a fan?" You should read what is there instead of reading what you wish was there.

And what if I did like the names? You need to be more secure in your own opinion that you don't have to try to beat down other people because they don't share your "correct" opinion.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts