GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
I agree with both of you 100%. When it comes down to eliminating Olds, Buick, or Saturn, the latter two would have been a more sensible choice. Keeping Saturn and Buick around will probably prove to be nothing more than a delay of the inevitable. My prediction is that by 2020 either Saturn, Buick, or both will be history. Enough has been said about Saturn and the pathetic L-series. Buick, while admittedly on the road to recovery, still suffers from one very big problem--its rightful place in the GM hierarchy. While many of you will disagree with me, only time and sales figures will demonstrate whether or not there is a place for Buick. In a world where there are too many mid-size sedans and too many SUV's I think there is very little reason for anybody to buy a Buick when any one of the other GM divisions can give consumers what they want. In other words, Pontiac provides excitement, Cadillac provides luxury, and Chevrolet provides affordability. So, why buy a Buick?

· Registered
867 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Mar 8 2004, 04:45 PM
My prediction:

Saturn will become Opel U.S.A.

Buick will stay and get much better
I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Signs of the demise of Buick are all around. Take a look at what Olds was doing ten years ago to try to reverse its fortunes: a rebadged SUV, a luxo minivan, and an all-conquering sedan (Aurora). Didn't work for Olds, probably won't work for Buick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.