GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seeing 2 bubble/separation areas under the woodgrain in my 40th anniversary LandCruiser, on the shift console between driver/passenger seats. it has 83k miles, sits in a carpeted garage for the last 5 years...what would cause this?? - there is no eating or drinking in the suv, so can't be a liquid... any ideas how to fix or stop future "bubbles" or separation areas?

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Alot of vehicles have this problem and may just require you buying new inserts for it. I know it sucks but if you want it to look good that'll be about the only way to go.

Just out of curiousity, why did you come to a GM website for a Toyota prob? Doesn't matter to me but be prepared for a few jokes and jabs!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Alot of vehicles have this problem and may just require you buying new inserts for it. I know it sucks but if you want it to look good that'll be about the only way to go.

Just out of curiousity, why did you come to a GM website for a Toyota prob? Doesn't matter to me but be prepared for a few jokes and jabs!
+1

Does it get parked outside a lot when not parked in the garage? High temperatures from sitting in the sun can lead to separation...

-Chase

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Where is outside for you? Nevada, Arizona, West Texas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx, likearock00...will try to find new inserts, just not understanding why it started now. i tried, believe me, to go to a toyota blog via their home page, and it kept directing me here! so, saw an asian auto forum and figured it was as good as it was gonna get. it's my first asian car (always Vette's or VW's before), and i must say i'm very impressed and happy with my landcruiser the last 10 years! i'm ready for the jabs! ha-ha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1

Does it get parked outside a lot when not parked in the garage? High temperatures from sitting in the sun can lead to separation...

-Chase
nope - if i'm not driving it, it stays tucked in the carpeted garage (i live in germany, currently). when i do drive it, i use a window deflector shield, and the windows are tinted. i did live in southeastern AZ when i first got it, but that was only for 2 years, and i also had a garage there...

·
Registered
669 Posts
nope - if i'm not driving it, it stays tucked in the carpeted garage (i live in germany, currently). when i do drive it, i use a window deflector shield, and the windows are tinted. i did live in southeastern AZ when i first got it, but that was only for 2 years, and i also had a garage there...

When you live in Arizona, did the Cruiser spent most of it time out in the Sun? I know Arizona heat can ready cook car and truck. My guess, I think the first two years driving in the hot temperature is what started the problem you’re having now. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had the silver deflector shield always in the windshield when i was out and about, but just the intense heat probably did have some effect long term. thanks all...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thx, likearock00...will try to find new inserts, just not understanding why it started now. i tried, believe me, to go to a toyota blog via their home page, and it kept directing me here! so, saw an asian auto forum and figured it was as good as it was gonna get. it's my first asian car (always Vette's or VW's before), and i must say i'm very impressed and happy with my landcruiser the last 10 years! i'm ready for the jabs! ha-ha
If you like your Toy then you would be estatic with the new Chevy or GMC full size SUVs.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Here's a decent place for you: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87 It doesn't look like the Landcruiser forum itself gets too many hits, but you could try the "general" section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
thank you Travis AFB! i swear to you i tried to go thru toyota nation, but it kept bouncing me back. it seems to work now, so thank you for the link! signed - ramstein ab... ;)
Enjoy Germany! (you [email protected]!) just kidding! :p:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Well let me "smart" it up for you. Fordrules is your screen name yet you're hugging the root of the Sierra. I thought it was pretty simple.

You tell a guy who has bubbling wood on his dash to "sell it and a get a real truck". What did you tell the guy who has a brand new Malibu that is emitting blue smoke from the tailpipe?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts