GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a follow-up to my post in the Buick News forum.

Here is a pic of the promotional posters announcing stealthily that the Buick LaCrosse will make its debut at the Chicago auto show in February.

This one is clearly the tail light.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here's the second poster, depiciting what I believe is the logon on the trunk. Put the two images together, and I think what we have is a palette swipe across the rear of the car, continuing into the tail lights, and with a Buick logo in the center.

These two posters were the only teasers I could find. If I find anything further in coming days, I will report.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Just some feedback...

GM: I don't know about those taillights on this one... :flush:

I dunno, still VERY eager to see the car!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The tail light looks like a Camry

·
Registered
164 Posts
The interior should have rich wood influences and I'm hoping for a navagation system, since Rainier and Rendezvous have them OPTIONAL

·
Registered
43,818 Posts
Here's a question....
Is the taillight looking from the rear (ie - passenger side rear) with the trunk lid?
Or is the taillight looking from the side profile of the car on the driver's side?
<_<

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like the front, looks similar to the Lexus GS 300, the rest of the car needs to definetly look different, I hope it looks nice!!

Can't wait to see this car!!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002+Jan 24 2004, 08:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cyboexpo2002 @ Jan 24 2004, 08:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ilikegm2@Jan 24 2004, 02:44 PM
Can anyone tell me what this is?
I found it at:
www.jayauto.com/pontiac/ 2005_lacrosse.jpg
That's a Photoshop of the LaCrosse based on a camoflaged car... Rumor has it that the styling assumed in the digital editing is all wrong... [/b][/quote]
Actually, I think the pic is photoshoped from a pic of the '04 Grand Prix. Though the LaCrosse will be based on the same platform as the Grand Prix, styling should be significantly different. For example, the rear door is expected to open before the rear quarter window-- like on the Impala.

·
Registered
459 Posts
There is a picture of what I assume is the real car on the web, however it appears to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. The photo was of a GM PowerPoint slide, and it looked legit. The interior shot however, was almost a BMW knockoff, so it was drastically improved. If the car is the real thing, many of you will be upset, but it is a good start and will not alienate traditional Buick buyers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by tkrelston@Jan 24 2004, 05:31 PM
There is a picture of what I assume is the real car on the web, however it appears to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. The photo was of a GM PowerPoint slide, and it looked legit. The interior shot however, was almost a BMW knockoff, so it was drastically improved.  If the car is the real thing, many of you will be upset, but it is a good start and will not alienate traditional Buick buyers.
Could you please post the link to that website???

·
Registered
459 Posts
If I had bookmarked the site or knew which site it was, I probably would have. However when I saw the site, I decided not to bookmark it, as GM has obviously worked hard to keep it under wraps, considering, the Grand Prix, Corvette, Solstice, and other top cars have been revealed way before they were meant to be. Sorry!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by tkrelston@Jan 24 2004, 05:31 PM
There is a picture of what I assume is the real car on the web, however it appears to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. The photo was of a GM PowerPoint slide, and it looked legit. The interior shot however, was almost a BMW knockoff, so it was drastically improved. If the car is the real thing, many of you will be upset, but it is a good start and will not alienate traditional Buick buyers.
Does that mean this Buick is cooler and more European??
With clean exterior lines and has a nice color, interior is soft leather seats and clean center console?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts