·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LA: Mercedes-Maybach S600
Left Lane News
By: Drew Johnson
November 19, 2014

Mercedes-Benz has introduced its latest Mercedes-Maybach sub-brand at the 2014 Los Angeles auto show with a high-end version of its latest S-Class sedan.

The new sub-brand will launch with a single model, the Mercedes-Maybach S600. Although largely based on the Mercedes-Benz S600, the Mercedes-Maybach S600 boast several unique features intended to elevate the sedan's status.

Most notable is a wheelbase that has been stretched by 8.1-inches over the regular S600 to provide more rear-seat legroom. The Mercedes-Maybach S600's roof has also been modified, providing an additional 0.5-inches of rear seat headroom.

Although longer than the regular S600, the Maybach's rear-doors have actually been shortened by 2.6-inches with the triangular windows moving to the body of the car. Mercedes says this was done to give an added feeling of privacy to rear-seat occupants.

Other exterior upgrades include a restyled front-grille, chrome window accents, unique exhaust outlets, and 20-inch wheels exclusive to the Maybach model. The upgraded S600 also features Maybach badging on its C-pillars and rear decklid.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Obviously Daimler AG didn't learn anything. Why are they bring this back when they're doing the same thing they did before? SMH!!!!!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Where's the retractable rear roof?

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Obviously Daimler AG didn't learn anything. Why are they bring this back when they're doing the same thing they did before? SMH!!!!!
Well it's not REALLY the same thing. Maybach is no longer a separate brand with separate dealers. It's just a model range within Mercedes Benz.

I strongly dislike it, inside and out. If I won the Powerball tomorrow I wouldn't be seen within a mile of a Maybach. But that's, as they say. just me.

EDIT: I do like the wheels though. Seriously, I do.

The interior reminds me of 80's Cadillac Broughams.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
You would think so but I'm really not. My E63 is my first Mercedes and I've been attracted to the exterior of the S-Class (which I find very similar to the car we're talking about here)
That's because it IS the car we're talking about here. Forward of the B pillar, it appears to be the same.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
The interior reminds me of 80's Cadillac Broughams.

Dude, you need glasses!!! :) I think I have sat in Lazy Boy's with better leather and build quality than that Caddy!!!

I think its fine. The S Klasse is a good place to start, and the interior, which is great to begin with has been upgraded and given all the bells and whistles. I am not sure its going to accomplish their goal though and conquest many sales from Bentley/Rolls. Or is this supposed to be a "tweener" in between Merc and those brands? Wish they had stretched it a little more, maybe another 6 inches or so.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
A Car like this is only nice if you can afford a Chauffeur and are willing to pay for one. If you are not, forget it. Just buy something you enjoy driving yourself and not looking like a Chauffeur.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts