GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi Prologue Coupe Concept is Ingolstadt's S-Class Coupe.
Carscoops
By: John Halas
November 18, 2014

Behold the new face of Audi as envisioned by the brand's head of design, Marc Lichte, who is the man responsible for the new Prologue Concept that will debut at the LA Auto Show on Wednesday.

According to Audi boss Ulrich Hackenberg, the Prologue gives us a taste of the new styling direction for the brand with the four rings.

“When he moved to Audi [ed. note: in 2014], Marc Lichte launched a design offensive,” said Hackenberg. “His clear philosophy and precise understanding of Audi DNA let him develop a design strategy that is opening up entirely new perspectives for us. It is progressive and highly emotional; it expresses the technological competence and quality claim of the brand perfectly. The Audi prologue is its first proponent – it is a ‘signature car’ for Audi.”

Full article available at link.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
WOW! I'm not impressed.

I second the take on the S coupe. I saw a S63 coupe on the road and up close at a car show for the fist time a couple weeks ago and it is the real deal. Easily the best the large coupe on the market.

Having said that, the Elmiraj takes the cake on all of them but it's nothing more than wishful thinking at this point. Please don't tell me Audi is going to have large coupe before Cadillac. I'll donkey kick the first Cadillac exec I see if they don't produce it.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
I'd rather have the Elmiraj too, but the S Coupe isn't dull IMHO. It's absolutely gorgeous in the real world.
All I see is A5 derivation. The Sport Quattro concepts were more original than this. I thought this was supposed to be ground breaking and the future of their design. It looks like someone took a silver A5 and said "enlarge"

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All I see is A5 derivation. The Sport Quattro concepts were more original than this. I thought this was supposed to be ground breaking and the future of their design. It looks like someone took a silver A5 and said "enlarge"
I do see where you're coming from, but the detailing on the S Coupe is spectacular. It makes the A5 look like a bar of soap:

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Personally, I think it very beautiful. It makes the S Class Coupe y'all seem to like so much look like a Duck Billed Platypus.

But the Audi does NOT represent a "Game Changer" design direction that member DARKANGEL says it does.

As a design though, the Elmiraj towers over any of them. Too bad a person can't buy one.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally, I think it very beautiful. It makes the S Class Coupe y'all seem to like so much look like a Duck Billed Platypus.

But the Audi is NOT the "Game Changer" that another member here seemed to think it is.

As a design though, the Elmiraj towers over any of them. Too bad a person can't buy one.
The Audi screams "Fusion" up front IMHO:

·
Registered
19,265 Posts

But the Audi does NOT represent a "Game Changer" design direction that another member here seemed to think it is.

I was expecting something more innovative. It's okay for what it is, but not at all what I expected for an "A9" car.

Don't like the new shape to the grille or the Porsche/Lincoln/Ford single taillamp. Wheels look like a roll of aluminum foil got into a fight with a paper shredder.

Pass.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
The Audi screams "Fusion" up front IMHO:

I see what you mean. The headlamps, even the strakes/ sections in the hood seem verbatim.

ALSO:.....................................

I wonder where DARKANGEL is?:

Here is the type of design Language Cadillac needs, which I call "Liquid Fusion" Audi is coming out with a game changing design language in 2015, I pray Cadillac does too and knocks our socks off..

Reactions: mchicha

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Not bad but I guess I was expecting more from what is supposed to be an A9. I prefer the elongated trapezoidal grill on this than the current cars. Hopefully Audi will put some more effort into their seats this next time around. Talk about plain...

I like it but it's a little conservative.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts