GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Kia Sorento Has its North American Debut in Los Angeles.
Carscoops
By: Dan Mihalascu
November 19, 2014

Following its world debut in Paris in September, the all-new Kia Sorento has its US premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Compared to the Euro-spec model, the 2016 Kia Sorento looks exactly the same, except minor details such as the orange turning signals and questionable chrome rims and accents - at least on the display model.

Built in the United States for the local market, the third-generation Sorento crossover is offered with a standard 185hp 2.4-liter naturally-aspirated inline-4 gasoline engine. Also available are a new 240hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine as well a 290hp 3.3-liter V6 unit. All three engines are mated to a six-speed automatic gearbox featuring Sportmatic shifting.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The basic shape of the Sorento's greenhouse and main body is getting really old. I wish they would redo it more than just a refresh.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Looks better than the Highlander and Pathfinder which is the main competition (will have to wait and see what the new Pilot ends up looking like).

Really needs to lose those chrome wheels - way too much (tacky looking).

·
Premium Member
36,293 Posts
D-I-L has a 2009 Sorento we got for a song. It's been a real trooper for her. We want to get her another, she loves the car and likes the new ones, but I'd probably go for a 2015 or 2014 if any are left, for the price break vs. what you get. V6 yes we can.

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
All that chrome looks hideous. I sure hope that chrome mirrors doesn't become a trend.
Obviously this is a high end costlier model. How else do you tell the difference between a 25K stripper and a 45k loaded model? Larger blingy rims, fog lamps and extra chrome are the most common upgrades. Now those recent blacked out rims on certain new models. Yeah those are hideous and really make the vehicle look like some kid spray painted them black.

·
Premium Member
36,293 Posts
Obviously this is a high end costlier model. How else do you tell the difference between a 25K stripper and a 45k loaded model? Larger blingy rims, fog lamps and extra chrome are the most common upgrades. Now those recent blacked out rims on certain new models. Yeah those are hideous and really make the vehicle look like some kid spray painted them black.
Why do you want to call me some kid? I thought my spray can was just helping some people out who collect too many shiny objects.

·
Registered
21,375 Posts
The basic shape of the Sorento's greenhouse and main body is getting really old. I wish they would redo it more than just a refresh.

It's a CUV how much can the shape change?

Comparing it to the out-going model, this looks like more than a re-fresh, but if it is, more than most.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
It's a CUV how much can the shape change?

Comparing it to the out-going model, this looks like more than a re-fresh, but if it is, more than most.
The rear area at the D pillar is what I don't like, I even said the greenhouse, and there is a lot of ways they can change the greenhouse.

·
Premium Member
36,293 Posts
The rear area at the D pillar is what I don't like, I even said the greenhouse, and there is a lot of ways they can change the greenhouse.
They could make special Colorado and Washington models, with expanded greenhouses and solar-panel grow lights where the owners could multi-task. Greenhousewise. :D

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
GM was over-doing it w/ the chrome on GMC and the old Escalade.

But then again, maybe the decision-makers are catering to what a large segment of the public wants (not exactly the most discerning).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts