GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LA Preview: Mercedes-Benz Vision G-Code Concept
Mercedes-Benz publishes a photos and details about the Vision G-Code concept; a sub-GLA crossover.
Ronan Glon
7 November 2014
leftlanenews.com

Mercedes-Benz has published a full set of details about the Vision G-Code concept that will be introduced in a few weeks at the Los Angeles Motor Show.
Penned by Mercedes' recently-inaugurated design center in Beijing, China, the G-Code is small crossover that stretches 161 inches long, 74 inches wide and 59 inches tall. Its front end borrows styling cues such as a twin-slat radiator grille with an oversized three-pointed star emblem from recent members of the Mercedes lineup like the fourth-gen C-Class and the new GLA-Class. Sculpted flanks add a muscular touch to the overall appearance, while full-width LED tail lamps inspired by the Concept Coupe SUV that debuted in Beijing earlier this year bring the crossover in line with Mercedes' latest design language.

The G-Code boasts a sporty and futuristic interior that offers space for up to four passengers on carbon fiber seats upholstered in premium leather. The steering is commanded through a rectangular four-spoke wheel that automatically unfolds from the dash when the ignition is switched on, and suicide rear doors facilitate access to the rear seats while eliminating need for a B-pillar. Highly focused on comfort, the show car's seats are fitted with sensors that trigger a massage function if they sense the occupant is tired, a technology that eliminates fatigue on long trips.
Full article at link.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Though not a bad design, it looks somewhat anonymous in the range of cuv concepts we've seen over the past few years... Probably why they put that tacky "glowing" grill on the front, to attract attention. It's probably cooler in person...

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Though not a bad design, it looks somewhat anonymous in the range of cuv concepts we've seen over the past few years... Probably why they put that tacky "glowing" grill on the front, to attract attention. It's probably cooler in person...
I actually think it has a pretty cool body shape. Sort of reminds me of a Juke, though almost too much... particularly with the headlights.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
LA Preview: Mercedes-Benz Menace to Vision G-Code Concept
Fixed it.

Elements of the front facia/grille looks familiar.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,474 Posts
It's looking at us very squinty eyed. The hole for the grille reminds me of an adaptation of a fighter jet nose. I will say though that the wheels are nice and over all I like the concept.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts