GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I liked it better when it was called a Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix. :p:

Nah, actually it is very good looking. It would be neat if looks just like that when it goes for sale.

OK, serious question though..... about the name Kuga. Is it pronounced Koo-Guh? Because it will sound like a person with a speech impediment is trying to say Cougar. (another Ford product) :lmao:

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I liked it better when it was called a Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix. :p:

Nah, actually it is very good looking. It would be neat if looks just like that when it goes for sale.

OK, serious question though..... about the name Kuga. Is it pronounced Koo-Guh? Because it will sound like a person with a speech impediment is trying to say Cougar. (another Ford product) :lmao:
No. because it sounds cool. What was with Nissan naming your SUV Pathfinder Armada in the first year and then dropping the Pathfinder after, huh?

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
...Nah, actually it is very good looking. It would be neat if looks just like that when it goes for sale.

Well, since I'm convinced this is going to be the littlest Lincoln, imho the grille will change...

but agree, THEY GOTTA CHANGE THAT NAME!
however
since I like to fracture words whenever possible ;) I pronounce it KewwwGah / QueGah so
MKQ?

imho ^that's cute morsel of alphabet soup for a cute lil' Cuv :)

...now for the pix!!!
I've been looking forward to these!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
What was with Nissan naming your SUV Pathfinder Armada in the first year and then dropping the Pathfinder after, huh?
Wow, that's quite off topic. Like I know....Nissan is retarded too. Does that give you warm fuzzies? Dude you dedicated a whole thread to a car named Kuga, and I make one legitimate comment about the name.....and it seems you're offended--did you come up with the name yourself? lol

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I don't think the Kuga itself is coming stateside, rather the next version will be developed for both the US and European markets.

I'm ambivalent about the Kuga, I don't particularly like the look, especially the interior which looks like it came form an '05 Focus. I am not one of those people enamored with FOE styling. I'd rather have a Ford Flex, Ford Edge, or Ford Escape to anything I'm seeing from Europe, much more destinctive and robust styling with much better interiors and features. I think the FOE worship is WAY out of place and is a chronic case of "Grass is greener".

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
but agree, THEY GOTTA CHANGE THAT NAME!
however
since I like to fracture words whenever possible ;) I pronounce it KewwwGah / QueGah so
MKQ?

imho ^that's cute morsel of alphabet soup for a cute lil' Cuv :)
For the Klingon market, eh?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I don't think the Kuga itself is coming stateside, rather the next version will be developed for both the US and European markets.

I'm ambivalent about the Kuga, I don't particularly like the look, especially the interior which looks like it came form an '05 Focus. I am not one of those people enamored with FOE styling. I'd rather have a Ford Flex, Ford Edge, or Ford Escape to anything I'm seeing from Europe, much more destinctive and robust styling with much better interiors and features. I think the FOE worship is WAY out of place and is a chronic case of "Grass is greener".
Ford of Europe is profitable and sales are stable while Ford US is in the red and still shedding market share.

It appears you're in the minority.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I do think the Kuga is coming Stateside. I see no reason why it shouldn't.
Bring it on! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts