GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that there is a Knight Rider movie in the works. Does anyone think that GM might use the movie as a platform to introduce a new Firebird, or do you think that the movie will showcase an import?

My gut feeling was that the Firebird would not be gone for to long, and that this might be the opportunity for GM to unveil the NEW Firebird. :bounce:

·
Registered
815 Posts
A Firebird would be sweet! But that is too good to be true. All this talk of the Camaro POSSIBLY coming back in 2007 has driven me to drink. :drunk:

But the hopes of the Firebird would lift my spirits too high to fall.

:Heads:

If the Firebird comes back I will get my checkbook ready... :woot2:

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
First of all, they are talking about Ben Affleck to be the movie Michael Knight.
So, who really cares about this project?

Secondly, chances are they won't go import. They will probably go GM prototype like they did with the Knight Rider 2000 movie, which used a Pontiac Banshee.

Ideally, they would use the same car. It was more or less indestructable. It should still be around, providing they did oil changes frequently.

They will probably make the car totally CG.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 7 2004, 01:46 AM
First of all, they are talking about Ben Affleck to be the movie Michael Knight.
So, who really cares about this project?
HAH! I hate Afflicked. I would not want to see one of my favorite childhood TV series ruined by AFFLACK.
It would be neat to see a new Knight Rider movie. The orignal was a commercial for the 80s Firebird as Smokey and the Bandit was to the 70s.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was never a big fan of knight rider...

But Smokey and the bandit RULED!

The first one did anyhow.

If they do a knight rider they should take the 01' WS6 and make it the 'kit'.

:krider:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The car in the made 4 TV movie Knight Rider 2000 was a Dodge Stealth.
Was the Banshee concept wasn't FWD was it?

·
Registered
760 Posts
First The car in the TV movie was the Banshee not the stealth.

The rumors I have heard so far was Affleck was gonna play the driver part, and David Hasselhauf was gonna assume the role of Devon since he died in the TV movie.

As for the car I tought it would be awesome to use a new firebird concept :D but it is highly unlikely :( . I also thought that thyy might use the GTO BUT I REALLY HOPE NOT. :angry:

I did hear they were gonna use the original 87 Trans AM :D Which I think would be good. Shooting will begin lata this year for the new movie.

Jie

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Ok, it was a Dodge stealth in the same way that Miami Vice's Ferrari Daytona wasn't really a Ferrari.

But body wise, it shared much more in common with the pontiac Banshee than it did any factory Dodge product.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I say they take a Cien and make a new Trans Am Supercar for Pontiac. They really need a supercar to enhance the performance image. If it's priced over the vette, then the vette guys can always complain that the car isn't as "good a value" as the Vette.

Ok, that's just my wishful thinking, but come on, Pontiac could use at least a CONCEPT supercar, which would prove that they are at least thinking about enhancing Pontiacs performance image. I just think that the "Corvette ceiling" will hold GM back until they decide that Pontiac should have a more performance oriented car in it's stables. The Solstice is nice, but I would have settled for a new GTO built off from a 2 door CTS platform, powered by the LS2 making around 400 HP. Then we would be talking.

I just find it sad that Pontiac is supposed to be the "performance division", but the Vette and CTS-V blow away Pontiacs fastest offering, in every competition. I think that Pontiac needs to assert itself as the "performance division with a new "Halo" car, one to compete with the likes of the Vette, Viper, and Cobra. The current GTO isn't going to cut it, and the fact that it's sharing platforms and powertrains with the new Camaro is proff that it isn't going anywhere.

I would love to see a new Knight Rider Movie, and I think that they need to keep the car a Pontiac.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
maybe hasslehoff can be lead again... but he can drive an SV6 and have a wife and kids tagging along! just think... the kids can hook a computer up to the DVD screen and help dad out! and mom can... well mom can be jennifer aniston and just sit there and look pretty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.